Chapter 14

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it! Anyway, there is sex in this chapter. I will put a little warning before and after, just in case if you want to skip it!

I looked back at Jay and the guys. I saw that they were watching this like it wasn't real. Jay and I made eye contact. "I am so sorry." I mouthed to him. He shook his head slowly. 

"Seems like you little plan has failed you." Thanatos said. I looked at him to see that he had discarded Hermes off to the side. I started to move away from the guys.

"It has only just begun." I said to him. I tried to sound confident. I continued to back away. I kept the the needle in my right hand, just in case if I needed my left for healing.

"Don't make me laugh, you have no hope. This is it for you and your precious little humans." He said. There was something about the way that he said it that made me cringe. I couldn't take it. I then hit a wall. He closed in on me. He placed a hand on my right shoulder. He pressed against it, so that I couldn't even stab him with the needle.

"Now what are you going to do?" He asked. I wanted to break down and sign the paper. I know that Jay would go and live on, but I wasn't sure about how he would feel about it. It didn't matter. It was the safest option.

"She isn't going to do anything." Tom said. Thanatos turned to see Tom with a large rock. He threw it at Thanatos. The rock hit his face and he let me go. But now he was going after Tom.

"That wasn't very smart, human." Thanatos told him. Tom backed away, but not quick enough. Within seconds Thanatos had him in his grip. I don't know what came over me, but I went after him. As he had his back turned to me, I stabbed him with the needle and injected the liquid into him.

"CASEY!" Thanatos screamed as he went down. We tried to crawl away from me. As the drug started to work, I saw something around Tom. Tom was dying. I saw Max and Nathan pull Tom away from him.

"Tom, come on! Wake up!" Max said. I got over there as quickly as I could, but it is hard to run in a long skirt. I dropped to my knees when I got to him. I placed my head on his heart and listened for a heart beat. There was one, but it was faint.

"Guys, I want you to step back and if the light starts to hurt, look away." I told them. Jay stayed by my side and the others backed away.

I willed for him to be healed. I put my hand over his heart and the yellow light started to appear. I felt myself start to get tired, but I knew that I had to do what ever I can and more. I thought about how much I wanted him alive so that I could give him a hug, so that I could see him smile, and so that I can hear his voice again. I saw the light get brighter and brighter. I stopped when I heard Tom gasp.

"Tom, I didn't  think that I was going to be able to help you!" I said as I backed away from him. He just looked at me. I saw him look around the room. He was speechless.

"Did that all really happen?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded. I felt Jay's arm wrap around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I then looked over at Hermes.

"Oh, no." I said quietly. I got up and walked over to Hermes. I saw that his chest wasn't moving. I don't think that gods can die, can they? I am not sure anymore. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see that it was Siva.

"I wanted to tell you that I am grateful for you." He said as he brought me into a hug. I started to cry. This wasn't supposed to happen like this. We were supposed to win.I looked back at Hermes. I placed my left hand in front of me and aimed it at his body. The Yellow light escaped and covered him. Within seconds, I fell to the ground.