28 - The Last Day

May 25th - Last day of term!!! Long one.

It was her last full day of her 6th year of Hogwarts. The sun was shining through her window as her eyes fanned open. James was in her arms. This was one of the first nights he'd spent in the girl's dorm.

Marlene was awake and on the edge of her bed. She had been gone the night before and now held a note in her hand. "How was your night with Dorcas?" Aspen asked sleepily.

Marlene smiled and looked at the girl. "I can never thank you enough, Aspen." She said quietly. She then nodded her head at James. "He stayed over?"

"Yeah. We were up late last night with Sage," Aspen looked over at the sleeping girl on the couch, "and he was too tired to go back to the dorm."

"Are you and Sage staying at the Potters?"

"Yeah. My mother actually let me."

"Good, that's good. That means I get to see you."

"You know I'd see you anyway. I'd miss your sexy face too much."

James shot up at that answer. Aspen and Marlene began giggling loudly as he looked between the two of them. "I do hope it's my sexy face you're talking about!" James exclaimed over their laughs.

"Hey!" Sage yelled from the couch. The three of them got silent. "It's my sexy face." She smirked.

After a few minutes of bickering, the four of them went their separate ways. Today would be a busy day. First, she had to visit Madam Pomfrey. She was still keeping her condition secret. Then she had to help Peter; she had to finish packing; she had to visit her mother for one of the final times this term; she had to prepare for her friends that night.

Poppy and her had a meeting just last week. Aspen would be taking doses of a similar version of the 'cure'. Poppy said it would help with her heart and the possibility of a stroke, but everything else symptom wise would be the same. Aspen found this redundant: she wouldn't be cured, so why take something? Poppy had swayed her somehow. Aspen figured the medi-witch just wanted to be useful, so Aspen listened to her.

Aspen had the first few remedies today. Poppy would send her more over the summer. Aspen also had a lot checked today-- though she couldn't remember everything she was tested for. All she knew is that she had her blood drawn, her heart rate and blood pressure checked, and her lungs listened to. This was going to happen twice a month during the summer holiday.

Aspen left Poppy quickly. She hadn't even checked the time on her way out.

"Atlas, Sage!"

They turned around and smiled at her. "McGonagall." Atlas said as she approached them and they began walking. "How is my favorite quidditch player?"

"Yeah, fine-- tired." She said, feeling slightly out of breath. Sage gave her a look. Aspen cleared her throat.

"Oh, Aspen," Sage began, "So, I was talking to--" Peter was walking together on the other side of the corridor. Sage made eye contact with Peter and smiled, but he looked away and scratched his neck. Sage scoffed. "Never fucking mind." She mumbled.

Atlas furrowed his brows and looked at Sage. "The fuck was that mood change?" He asked her offensively.

Aspen took her hand and dragged her forward. "We are supposed to be at the docks right now."

"Why, Penny? I want to go scream into my pillow and or get in a fist fight with someone right now, not sit by the water."

Atlas ran next to Aspen. "What's happening, Penelope?" He asked quietly.