4 - Careful Eye

October 6th

It would be two weeks later when James and Brianna go on their date. They were waiting until they were allowed to go to Hogsmeade. Sage threw a fit but, after seeing how excited her sister was, she approved. Both the boy and girl were very excited. They walked together after class, hung out in the courtyards, ate lunch and breakfast together, and just wandered around together.

Aspen didn't say anything more.

She apologized to him the morning after Sage arrived, and James immediately forgave her. It was things like that that made Aspen feel weak in her legs. She still hung out with James, of course, but tried to always avoid his impending date. So she smiled through 14 days of her crush talking about going on a date with her friend.

All third years and up were waiting in the courtyard to go to their first visit to Hogsmeade. Aspen often visited during the summer and Christmas holiday but never during the fall. She was excited for this day to finally be over to say the least.

Lily and Remus were gone, having to help the head boy and girl, so that left Aspen with only Marlene and Mary. Sage got a detention earlier that week somehow. Peter and Sirius were going to be gone most of the time. Something about their new plan. Aspen was bound to help them with it, of course. But the two boys said that they wanted to get the supplies first.

First they went to Honeydukes, the quill shop for both of them, Sprintwitches for new gloves, helmet, and a bat. Then they went to the Three Broomsticks while they waited for Mary to finish getting her hair braided.

They saw Peter getting chased by Sirius during the day and swiftly avoided going to the Three Broomsticks. Aspen made as many excuses as she could but Marlene was dying for a butter beer. So they went and sat in a booth for a while, sipping on butterbeers. Marlene spiked every one of hers.

James and Brianna were across the room in a corner booth, the stairs barely blocking their view. Aspen's leg was shaking anxiously when hands covered her eyes.

"Guess who?" The voice sang.

Aspen laughed, her mind more at ease. "I know it's you, Atlas." She said with a laugh, forcing his hand down.

He smirked and sat beside her, his arm over her shoulders. He was tall and built, extremely muscular with ocean blue monolid eyes and long eyelashes. His black hair was dark and long, almost covering his eyes. Aspen had met him when she was studying in the courtyard. He was extremely kind and flirtatious to everyone.

"Atlas Chen." Marlene stated, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning against the chair.

"Marlene McKinnon, still as sexy as ever." He responded with a wink.

Aspen looked at him, amused. "So I'm not the only one you flirt with?" She asked.

He pouted and looked at her. "I'm not flirting, just charming so you'll like me."

"And why wouldn't you flirt with us?" Aspen asked as she drank her butterbeer.

He clicked his tongue and took Marlene's drink. "You girls are far too...." he looked off in thought for a moment, "well you're too much of girls I'm afraid." He took a sip and swallowed then made a disgusted face. "Bloody hell, McKinnon, that tastes like straight whiskey." He said and shivered, passing the drink back. She shrugged and smiled cheekily.

"So I've finally befriended a few Slytherins." Aspen said with a smile.

Marlene looked at her and smiled. "Who?"

"Alexandra Mejia and Dorcas Meadowes." She answered with a smile.

Her face dropped in an instant. "You made friends," she began slowly, "with Dorcas Meadowes." She stated bitterly.