26 - The F Word

May 15th - this is a shit show of a chapter. there's a lot of plot lines that come back up. im trying to resolve holes before we get into summer chapters. its kinda depressing and stressful btw, a long one.

Aspen, my sister.
I apologize that we haven't talked. I've been quite occupied, and I can explain all of that another day, but right now I must tell you something. The pendant appeared on my door again a few weeks ago. It had a note this time:
This is all your father's fault. Aspen, I don't know what is going on in your world, but, whatever it is, they know about you and I. I waited until now to tell you in case they were following me and because I must protect my identity. I'll be in Hogsmeade until May 20th. Perhaps you can meet me? Happy birthday. I'm glad I can finally say that to you.

The letter Phoenix Barlowe wrote never arrived with Aspen. It was meant to arrive on Aspen's birthday.

"If you could be any animal, what would it be?"

"Red fox."

"Brown cat."

Sirius looked suspiciously at the two girls. "Really? Oddly specific, innit?"

Aspen furrowed her brows at Sirius. "What about you?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

"I think you'd be a shaggy black dog that's really annoying." Sage shrugged, leaning into Aspen's shoulder.

Sirius stood up immediately. "Do you know something?" He asked.

The three of them were just a little drunk. It was incredibly late at night, almost sunrise. Aspen was having one of her episodes where she couldn't sleep; so she went to Sage like she always used to at Beauxbatons. They found Sirius in the common room doing a crossword puzzle. He had already taken shots, and when he saw the girls, he pulled out the bottle of Russian vodka. How he got it, no one knows. 

Aspen is just glad he had it. With school and summer plans and the quidditch cup, she was incredibly stressed out. Even spending the night with James wouldn't help. It's also why she couldn't sleep. Whenever she had these kind of episodes, she always had a lot going on.

Aspen and Sage made quick eye contact. "Do we know something?" Aspen whispered to Sage not very discretely. 

"I'm not sure." Sage whisper-shouted back.

"Oi!" Sirius exclaimed. "Did James tell you anything?"

"Shouldn't you say prongs?" Aspen corrected.

Sage giggled slightly. "What's the story behind his nickname, again?" Sage asked knowingly.