~Taking A Break~

Not a request

Summary: in between the episodes, about four months away from the next Extermination, Charlie has been overworking herself and getting burnt out. Luckily her girlfriend is there to help her relax.

     _________________________

It was about noon when Vaggie really started to get worried. Charlie had stayed up all night, trying to figure out a way to stop extermination and make the hotel work. The girl had eye bags under her eye bags and refused to sleep. The whole Hazbin squad was worried. As vaggie tried to hold an intervention, the rest stood back and watched.

"Come on, Hun, you need a break," Vaggie said trying to steer Charlie away from her notes. She was currently sitting on the couch in the common area, a bunch of papers with notes on them covered the coffee table and there was a thumb-tack board that was covered with red thread connecting news articles and ideas and more random stuff.

"Extermination is in 4 months, Vaggie! If i can't find a way to stop it, then everyone will die and its all my fault!" She cried.

"Hey, its not your fault. And not everyone will die. We still have some time. But i think you deserve a much-needed break," Vaggie rubbed her shoulder from behind the couch.

"No, I don't. There's not much time left and I can't waste it on resting." Charlie continued to hunch over her work.

"Come on, Princess, ya need a break," Angel interrupted from the back of the room.

"No, I Don't! I'm perfectly fine without one!" She snapped at him. He kind of sunk down in defeat, making Charlie worry that she just ruined everything again.

"I- I'm sorry i snapped, but I'm still not gonna put this city's life at risk because i decided to take a nap," She apologized. Vaggie looked so done with her girlfriend. They both worried and cared for each other a lot. So, sensing that Charlie was being like this because she didn't have a break yet, she picked her up from under her armpits like a cat and then cradled her to her chest.

"No! Put me down! I am the princess of hell!" She tried to squirm out of Vaggies hands.

"Sweetie, you need a break," Vaggie said once again.

"I-.I-" Charlie's voice cracked before she broke out into sobs. God, she was so exhausted but she couldn't rest. Sleep was for the weak and she had to prove to heaven how very big and strong she was.

"Shh, Shh, Its okay," Vaggie whispered in a soothing tone. Charlie curled up even more as she sobbed, giving away a hint that she had now slipped.

Charlie sometimes would use age regression to cope with extermination or just stressful situations. Vaggie first brought it up to her since she also used it and wanted to give Charlie a healthy coping mechanism to try. The two mostly took care of each other or regressed alone.

Sir pentious wanted to help since he really admired Charlie and her efforts. He slithered over to them and looked at her, trying to provide some comfort.

"Hey, Everything's ok-" Even louder wails erupted from Charlie as soon as she saw him. Everyone seemed so scary right now besides Vaggie, her caregiver. She just wanted to curl up in bed and cuddle with her stuffies.

"Come on, sweetie, You're gonna be okay, We're heading up to our room, alright?" Vaggie comforted her while walking a way. She muttered a 'sorry' to Sir Pentious.

Once they reached their master bedroom, Vaggie laid her crying princess on the bed before going into the closet to grab a couple of things. She came out with a beach bag that had rainbows and a sun on it. Inside were her Little Items. She had multiple pacifiers, a few sippy cups and one bottle. She also had a bunch of coloring books and bedtime stories in there. On the bed, currently, was her duck stuffed animal that Lucifier had given to her when she was very young.

Vaggie quickly filled the bottle up with water and gave Charlie her ducky. She sat on the bed and pulled her into her lap to begin rocking her. She started to sing a spanish lullaby, hoping it would help calm her baby down. Luckily it did and her cries were now quiet but she was still very small. So Vaggie held the bottle up to Charlies mouth and she began to suckle on it. All of the crying made her really thirsty.

"I think this little one needs a nap," Vaggie said once Charlie finished the bottle.

"Bu' I wanna play," Charlie pouted.

"You can play when you wake up, but for now, its Night-Nigh time." Vaggie helped change her little one out of her suspenders and suit and into pajamas before tucking her in.

"Sleep well, Charlie," Vaggie said before kissing her forehead goodnight.