Chapter 10

STEFAN'S POV

I'm gonna find Logan and drive a stake through his fucking heart. If he tries to hurt Elena or any one of her family or friends I'm gonna hunt him down and rip his heart out myself.

I showed Elena where her new room is and now she's putting everything away. Like her clothes and all the other shit she brought. She brought a lot of things. Guess who had to carry everything she brought. Me.

I don't mind that much though. As long as Logan doesn't kill her. I'm sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace with my bourbon. Elena sure as hell is a tough girl.

Someone stabbed her only a couple hours ago and she's fine. Well she's good at hiding it if she isn't. Then again she did lose her parents in a car crash and she was in it.

She doesn't deserve all that. I turned around because I heard footsteps. I saw Elena in her pajama bottoms and her tank top. Her hair is in a messy bun. I smile at her and she walks over to me.

She sits by me on the couch. "How are you doing?" I asked her. "Better, I'm still scared." She said. My heart shattered. A seventeen year old girl shouldn't be scared of vampires.

She shouldn't even know that we exist. She shouldn't get stabbed by a vampire either. "Don't be scared, I'll protect you and I won't let anyone hurt you." I said and pulled her closer to me.

She laid her head on my lap again and I rubbed her back gently. "Stefan, why are you helping me? I told you I hate you and I called you a monster." She said. "I know I am a monster, Elena." I said.

"Maybe to other people but not to me, you're just a douchebag sometime." She said and I laughed. "I don't care if you said you hate me because I don't want to see you die, Elena." I said.

"I'm glad to know you will still protect me if I hate you because I still hate you." She said. "I don't hate you." I said. "I wish I could say the same about you." She said.

"Maybe one day you'll like me." I said. "I doubt that." She said. "Don't ever be so sure." I said. She sat up and got off the couch. "Where are you going?" I asked. "To sleep. Are you going to your room yet?" She asked.

"No, not yet." I said. "Please I'm scared." She said. "So you want an even bigger monster to go upstairs with you?" I asked. "Stefan, that night I only called you a monster because it was my brother you almost killed. Of course it's not right to kill other people but at least you're not hurting my friends and family." She said.

"Let's just go upstairs." I said and we walked upstairs. "Stefan, can you stay in my room until I fall asleep?" She asked. "Of course." I said and we walked to her room.

She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and all that other stuff. I might change because I'm in jeans and a black button up shirt. I'll wait until she falls asleep.

She came out of the bathroom and got on her bed.  She laid down and I laid beside her. I'm only staying here until she falls asleep. "Goodnight." I said and turned off the lamp.

"Goodnight." She said and I kissed the top of her head. She closed her eyes and turned the other way. After a few minutes she fell asleep. I quietly got off the bed and kissed her shoulder.

I walked out of her room and went to my room. I took my clothes off and put sweatpants on. I didn't put a shirt on. I don't think I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm gonna make sure Elena's doing good.

I went downstairs and sat on the couch. I poured myself a glass of bourbon. I started drinking it. I'm gonna find this Logan guy and rip his heart out. I don't care if Jenna cheated on him.

You don't need to get revenge on her by killing her niece. He deserves to be cheated on. I finished my glass of bourbon and set the glass down. I sat back on the couch.