Chapter 5

STEFAN'S POV

I bit my wrist open. "Drink. You'll heal." I said. "I'm not drinking from you." She said with fear in her voice. She moved away from me. I walked closer to her. "Drink, do you want to have that bite mark on you." I said.

I held my wrist in front of her and she grabbed it. She put her lips to my wrist and started drinking my blood. I watched her wrist started to heal. My wrist healed and she stopped. Her wrist healed too.

I looked up at her and she had fear in her eyes. "I want you to leave." She said. She is sitting on the floor right now. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up. I picked her up and brought her over to her bed. "Elena, my humanity is off." I said.

"What does that mean?" She asked. "I have no feelings and I've been killing people but I'll never hurt you." I said. "Why wouldn't you hurt me?" She asked.

"Because you're different. I actually like you." I said. "I can't say the same about you." She said and I laughed. "Why do you kill people and why is your humanity off?" She asked.

"My humanity is off because it's better with no feelings and I feed on humans and kill them." I said. "You would never hurt me?" She asked.
"I would never hurt you." I said.

"Are you going to turn your humanity on?" She asked. "No." I said. "Why?" She asked. "Because I don't like having my humanity on." I said. "Well I don't like you." She said.

"Why not?" I asked. "You kill people and you were mean to me the other day." She said. "You're the one who started being all bratty." I said and she glared at me.

"Get out of my house before I drive a stake through your heart myself." She said in an annoyed voice. "Goodnight, Elena." I said and jumped out her window.

I walked back to the boarding house and went in. I went to my bedroom and took my clothes off. I got in the shower. After I was done in the shower I brushed my teeth and put some boxers on.

I laid in my bed and thought about Elena. She really is something else. I smiled as I thought about her. She's the one thing that gives me feelings when my humanity is off.

I started at the ceiling and laid on my back. I closed my eyes and I laid there for a few minutes before I fell asleep.

ELENA'S POV

I woke up and laid in my bed. I can't believe that vampires exist and ones lives right across from my house. It couldn't have been a decent vampire. It had to be Stefan.

Later my friends and my brother are probably gonna go to Mystic Grill. That's usually where everyone hangs out around here. I got out of my bed and took a shower.

I brushed my teeth. Then put clothes on. I put on some jeans and a red shirt. I put my converse on and went downstairs. Jenna is making breakfast. "Good morning." She said and smiled at me.

"Good morning." I said. "Good morning." Jeremy said. He was sitting at the table. "Jere, later do you want to go to the grill with me and my friends?" I said. "Yeah, sure." He said.

"Okay." I said and smiled at him. Jenna gave both of us a plate of pancakes. I'm so glad we don't have school today. "Elena, when you're done eating I want you to go over to Stefan's house." She said.

My heart dropped. I don't want to go to his house. "Why Jenna?" I asked. "I want you to apologize for the way you acted last night." She said.

"I'm not apologizing to him. I don't even like him." I said. "Elena, you're going to apologize to him or you're not going to the grill with your friends." She said. "Fine, Jenna." I said in an annoyed voice.

I finished eating and put my plate in the dishwasher. "Go to his house now." She said. I don't want to go to his house. I don't even like him. I'm kind of scared.

He has his humanity off and he's a vampire. I walked out my door and walked to his house. It was massive. My house could fit inside of it like 3 times.

I walked to the door and knocked on it. The big door opened and I looked up. Stefan was looking down at me with a smirk on his face. Why does he always smirk?

"Hello gorgeous, you just couldn't stay away." He said. "The only reason I'm here is because Jenna wants me to apologize to you." I said and glared at him. "And I'm not sorry. I hate you." I said.

"What did I do to you?" He asked. "I just don't like you." I said. "Would you like to come in?" He asked. "What do you not get? I just said I don't like you." I said.

"No, I'm going home. I'm going to the grill later." I said. "Maybe I'll see you there. That's where I get my food." He said and smirked at me. "You're disgusting, why can't you drink animal blood?" I asked.

"Because I don't want to, Elena. Now leave if you are going." He said. "Asshole." I mumbled under my breath. "I heard that. Try not to think of me all day." He said with a smirk and then closed the door.

I fucking hate him. Why couldn't I get a better neighbor. I started walking back to my house. I walked in the door. "Did you apologize to him?" Jenna asked.

"Yeah, Jenna." I said even though I didn't. I walked upstairs  to my room and laid on my bed. Soon I'm going to the grill. I'm gonna take a nap before I go. I set my alarm on my phone and fell asleep.