Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

~~Sean~~

"Don't.... I need a few." Lucas said and moved my arms off of him. He was crying so much I didn't know why. I looked at the caller I.D. for the last call that was made.

NC Department Of Corrections. I read the I.D. My eyes widen. His father. I ran up the stairs and into Emily's room.

"God! What do you want?!" Emily jumped from being frightened.

"Why did you answer the house phone?" I shouted, making her flinch.

"I don't know! God! Why?!" She shouted back. I was about to responded when I heard a loud crash. I turned around and ran towards Lucas's room with Emily behind me. I ran into his room and knocked on the bathroom door.

"LUCAS!" I shouted trying to open in. I banged and banged but all there was is silence. "Call 911." I demanded. Emily dialed the number into her phone. I ran towards the door and the door broke off the hinges. Lucas was laying on the floor with three bottles of pills laying on the floor next to him. I ran over to him and checked for a pulse.

"LUCAS!" I shouted. I stuck my finger down his throat, trying to make him spit out the pills.

Emily, Kaylie and I waited patiently in the waiting room. My parents are on an instant flight home. I can't believe that Lucas tried killing himself. There is so many other options then that last. Tears filled my eyes and I cried into the palm of my hands. Emily and Kaylie wrapped their arms around me, trying to comfort me. I just pushed them away and kept crying. I realized when he was laying there unconscious how much he actually meant to me. We haven't known each other long but I am already in love with him. I wouldn't know what I would do if I lost him too. I loved my mom like crazy and when she past, I was an emotional wreck. If I lost Lucas too, I would be back in that place again.

"Are you family of Lucas James Smith?" A voice spoke. I snapped my head up and looked. It was the doctor. All three of us nodded.

"He is a very lucky kid. If you never tried to make him throw up those pills, he would have been gone. We pumped the rest out of his stomach. He is going to be unconscious for a little bit. But he is going to be okay. Good work." The doctor smiled at me.

"Can I see him?" I begged. "Of course. Follow me." The doctor said and walked us to his room. Goosebumps filled my whole body. Hospitals gives me the chills. He opened the door to his room and moved the curtain back. Lucas had wires everywhere on him.

"What's with all the wires?" I asked. The doctor turned to me and spoke.

"When we did a X-ray and a cat scan, there was a lot of activity going on in his brain." The doctor responded.

"Activity?" Kaylie asked in confusion.

"Activity meaning he is frightened. Probably from whom ever put those scars on him. His brain has lots of that activity going on. There is probably times that he feels crazy because of all the activity. Do you know how he got those scars?" The doctor asked.

Kaylie and Emily shook their heads no. But I nodded. "I do." I responded. All eyes were on me. "His father. But he is in prison." I informed. Kaylie's eyes widen and I could see tears in her eyes.

"When his parents get here, I would like to talk to them about him seeing a psychologist. I think he needs one for sure." The doctor said and walked out of the room. I walked over beside Lucas and gave him a kiss. "Wake up soon my love." I cooed into his ears. I held his hand into mine.

"Are you two dating?" Emily asked. I just ignored her and pulled a chair up to the bed, sitting down into it. He scared me so much. I do not want to go through that again. I am just so glad he is ok. I don't know what I would do if I found him dead. I am just glad that I found him in time.

�����zB��,�