Chapter eleven

Chapter Eleven

~~Lucas~~

"But mom, why do you have to leave me for?!" I shouted as she handed me her suitcase so I can carry it downstairs for her. I really hate that my mom is leaving me to go on a honeymoon. I know every new married couple needs a honeymoon, but still! I am going to miss my mom when she is gone for a whole week. I am afraid to have her gone again. The last time she was gone for a whole week was when my father was with us still. I know that Sean would never do that to me. There's just something about him that makes me feel protected and comforted around him. He's special to me.

"Because I am. Nothing will happen sweetie. I promise you. No matter how hard it is to believe that, I know that no one is going to hurt my baby like that again. Sean will protect you." She smiled at me. My eyes snapped towards hers. What did she just say?!

"W-w-what do you mean?" I stuttered nervously. She chuckled.

"I see the way you look at him baby. And now he is starting to look at you the same way." She pointed out. How does this woman know everything?!

"Are you spying on me mother dearest?" I said all snobby. She smacked my face playfully.

"Of course not honey." She said sarcastically and told me to take the bag down stairs.

"Suitcase by the door." She demanded. I grunted and carried the bag down the stairs. God, this thing is heavy as hell! What does she have in this thing?! A semi?!

"Here, I got that." Sean said and grabbed the bag from my hands before I could say anything. I gave him a suspicious look. Why is he acting all nice to me? I like him better when he is mean to me. Okay, not really but this just seems out of the ordinary.

"I like you better when you are a rude ass." I smiled sarcastically.

"Fine bitch." He said and threw the bag at me. I gasped dramatically. He did not just do that. I through the bag back at him and ran at him. He started darting for the living room. I caught up to him and tackled him to the ground. I smacked his face playfully.

"How dare you call me a bitch!" I shouted at him.

"BOYS! KNOCK IT OFF!" Nathan shouted. I snapped my neck to look at him. Sean tossed me to the side.

"Damnit Nathan! I had him pinned down!" I said and jumped up. Nathan just chuckled and carried the rest of the bags down the stairs. He had his security guards carry the bags to his car. Sean chuckled at me and ran off somewhere. This house is too big to keep tabs on someone.

I went back upstairs to see what my mom was doing. I need to spend a lot of time with her before she leaves in a few minutes. I basically clung to her all last night and this morning. Nathan had to pry me off of her last night because I was hugging her so tightly. A lot of people think that me and my mom are too attached, but I am glad I have the relationship that I do with my mom. A lot of kids don't have that. I am just lucky that I do.

"Lucas, you need to chill." Mom said as I walked into her room. She pushed me out of the room and we walked down the stairs.

"Will you promise that you will at least call?" I asked nervously.

"Of course we will sweetie." She said and kissed my forehead.

"Ok we have to go or we will miss our flight." Nathan informed. Mom nodded and gave me a big hug.

"I'll miss you mom." I hugged her tighter.

"You guys are way too attached." Emily chuckled and joined in on the hug. And so did Nathan and Sean.