Chapter Three

Chapter Three

~~Lucas~~

“Dad stop!” I shouted in pain. He grabbed me by my ankles and dragged me down the hall and into the bedroom. He slammed the door shut and locked it so I would be able to get out. He walked over to me and back handed me across the face. I pushed him away and ran for the window. He threw me back and I hit my head on the wall and I started crying. “Come here you piece of shit.” He grabbed me by my hair and slammed me on the ground. He took out his knife and took a swipe and my chest. I flinched in pain. “DADDY STOP!” I cried out. I kicked him off of me and crawled for the door. He took swipe after swipe at my back. He slid down my pants and started to ram me. “STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP!” I shouted.

“Lucas! Lucas!” Someone shook me. I woke up from my nightmare and was greeted by my mom. I jumped up and hugged her, crying into her shoulders. “Shh, it’s ok sweetie. It’s just a nightmare.” She patted my back. I just kept crying and crying. “Are you okay?” Nathan asked sitting down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me. “Why won’t they stop?!” I asked. “They will. They will soon. You can beat this.” Mom whispered into my ear.

She handed me my medication after I started crying. I wish I could never go through those nightmares again. It happens once every week. It used to be every night after it happened. I was only thirteen when my dad hurt me. Five years later and still having nightmares. How is that even possible? It’s been forever ago!

“I got to get ready for school.” I said and pushed passed Nathan and mom to go into my bathroom. I shut my door and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were so puffy from crying in my sleep. I sighed and took a shower. I am so sweaty from my nightmare. I usually take showers before I go to sleep at night. But I guess I have to do them in the morning also. I stripped down and sat on my toilet, waiting for the shower to warm up. My mind couldn’t stop thinking about the nightmare. I just need to make it stop. But I don’t know how. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror again. I looked at all my scars from the knife. I shook the image out of my head and took a shower.

“Lucas, You can get a ride with Sean to school from now on until we get you a car.” Nathan informed. Sean looked at me and looked back at his dad. “But dad! He can get a ride from Emily!” Sean shouted. “She goes to a different school then you! You give him a ride to school and from school every day! And that is the end of the discussion!” Nathan shouted back. I guess I know what it’s like living with Sean and Nathan. Sean grunted and through the rest of his breakfast in the trash. “Let’s go.” He demanded. I nodded and grabbed my bag from the couch. We walked out into the garage and he walked over to his car. My eyes widen.

“This is your car?” I asked. I looked at the 2013 silver Ashton Martin Vanquish. It’s so beautiful! “YES NOW GET IN THE FUCKING CAR FAGGOT!” He shouted at me as he got into the car. I rolled my eyes and got into the passenger seat. The seats were red leather. Sweet baby Jesus this thing had to cost a bank load of cash. “If you are going to keep calling me a ‘faggot’, can I call you a homophobe then?” I asked sarcastically. He clinched his hands onto the stirring wheel. “I don’t think that is going to help your anger Sean.” I pointed out. He shook his head and grinned. “You smile? What is this shit? Mars?” I chuckled sarcastically. “Shut up.” He shook his head and continued to drive down the road. I looked at the radio and wanted to turn it on so badly. Ah, what the hell. I turned on the radio and browsed the stations. Sean glanced over at me. “Did I say you can touch that?” He asked. “Did I say you can talk?” I asked back. He chuckled and let me turn on the radio. The song The heart wants what it wants by Selena Gomez come on. Oh how I love go-go so much. I started singing to the music. “You got me sipping on something.” I sung and Sean looked at me. “Do you have a problem with my singing too?” I raised an eyebrow towards him. He just turned his head back to the road. I am so making things worst with Sean. I bet I am pissing him off to the extreme.