FOURTEEN

episode four;
THE STITCH UP

episode four;THE STITCH UP

HONORA ALMOST TRIPPED as she jumped out of the carriage. She threw her head back, letting the fresh air fly in and out of her body as she gasped, the putrid smell finally leaving her senses. She heard Fagin and Jack clamber out of the carriage behind her, the smell following them to a much lower scale. The soothing scent that accompanied the breeze overpowered the stench of dead flesh.

Gaines waved goodbye, his overly-done smile staying firmly bright as the carriage slowly rolled away. Jack and Fagin glared at him, not letting their sneers fall, while Honora took a step away from them.

"Should I ask or save my curiosity for a better time?" Honora asked, sarcasm dripping down her words like honey on a knife. Jack looked at her, raising a brow.

Fagin smiled at her. "I think you'd better save it. Unless you'd like to hear the extravagant story about how your favourite man and his accomplice - your favourite man being me - happened to be walking in the bush at the asscrack of dawn with Tinkler's body-"

Jack moved in front of him and shoved him back. "That's enough, Fagin. She doesn't want to hear it."

Honora peered around him. "Says who? Because that actually sounded rather enjoyable. Fagin, please do continue." She clasped her hands together in front of her waist.

"Well, it starts-"

He got cut off once more by the front door of the hospital slamming open. Hetty strolled through with a basket in her hands, nodding at the small group gathered by the foot of the steps with a smile.

"Morning, all. I'm going to do a rash check. You know where I'll be."

Jack nodded at her, waving her off as Fagin glared at the woman with annoyance. "She just interrupted me story," he grumbled to Jack. The Doctor blatantly ignored him.