Chapter 24

First of all, I wanted thank you all for taking part in the voting. The voting was very clear, so enjoy this chapter!

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Felix wakes up from a surprisingly restful sleep with a slight headache and finds himself in Minho's room. The boy looks around in amazement as he doesn't remember going back. The last thing he remembers is going up the stairs to his old room and then... Then everything becomes a blur. Felix tries to remember, but it only makes his head hurt even more and he really doesn't need that. As Felix tries to get up, a worried-looking Jisung suddenly bursts into the room and stares at a frozen Felix. Felix looks at Jisung with wide, startled eyes and Jisung looks at the boy with a very worried look. "Phew..." he then suddenly says and his posture becomes a little more relaxed. "You're fine," Jisung says and slowly walks towards Felix, who takes a step back as soon as Jisung gets closer.

Jisung notices this immediately, of course, and is puzzled. He takes a step towards Felix and Felix immediately takes a step back. So Jisung stops and Felix stops too, but has his eyes focused on Jisung's legs. "Lixie? Are you okay?" Jisung asks, Felix doesn't answer. He just continues to stare at the Omega's legs. Jisung doesn't know what's going on and is worried. 'Is he scared of me?' Jisung wonders in surprise and then just takes a chance. He continues to walk towards Felix, who reacts immediately and also goes back. This time, Felix looks at the omega with pleading eyes, but Jisung just keeps walking. Felix bumps into the bed and just lets himself fall on it without catching himself, but he never loses sight of Jisung. On the bed, he grabs the blanket and immediately covers himself. Jisung recognizes this posture and immediately stops.

"You're scared... But why?" Jisung asks in surprise, but again nothing comes from Felix. Jisung honestly looks hurt, but Felix only feels an inner restlessness, which he interprets as fear and continues to try to protect himself from Jisung. He doesn't know if he's really scared or if it's something else, but continuing to hide is so much easier than facing his feelings. Jisung seems to recognize the inner turmoil in Felix's eyes, but he doesn't give up and continues to approach Felix. He sits down next to the boy and holds out his hand to him. He hopes that Felix will accept it and let him touch him. Felix first stares at the hand and then into Jisung's eyes, which continue to look at him hopefully. Felix does not recognize any danger and he also knows that Jisung would never hurt him, so he puts his hand on Jisung.

A broad grin immediately breaks out on Jisung's face. "Thank you," Jisung whispers softly against the back of Felix's hand as he pulls the omega's hand to his face and then presses a light kiss on it. "You know we would never do anything to you that would hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable," Jisung promises him and Felix believes. No matter how many lies he has heard in his life... he believes Jisung. Whether it's because of this moon soulmate bond or because Felix is now an Omega and Jisung is a fellow Omega, but he trusts Jisung and believes his every word.
Or something finally gives him the courage to believe others.

'You just have to be very strong now...'

He remembers. He remembers his mother's words. It wasn't the first time he had heard them. He remembers when he was a little boy and his parents argued in front of him for the first time. He remembers how his mother started crying when his father stormed out of the house in a rage. Neither of them seem to have noticed Felix at first. While his father stormed out of the house and drove away, his mother burst into tears and fell to the ground. Felix was still too young to remember what the argument was about, but it was the first time he had seen his mother sad. Felix ran to his mother and immediately took her in his arms. Felix had always been sensitive and so he immediately joined in the crying. His mother didn't say anything at first, but clung to her son. The two of them cried for a while until his mother wiped the tears from his face and said these exact same words to him. Felix was still too young to understand what they meant, but now he does.