Chapter 41

Revenge is best served cold...

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Over the last few days, Felix has used the days to spend time with the most important people in his life. These include Minho, Jisung, Chan, Changbin, Seungmin, Jeongin and Hyunjin, but now it also includes Rachel. Felix took an instant liking to Rachel last time and was keen to get to know her better. Miyeon was naturally delighted and didn't stand in his way. But while he spent his days with his new favorite people, he spent hours at night thinking about Olivia and his dad. He just couldn't help but worry about them. But since these worries keep him awake at night and he hardly gets more than 2 hours of sleep, he decided to take matters into his own hands.

And so Felix skipped school for the next few days and spent the whole day working on his plan. He didn't tell the others about it, of course, because he knew they wouldn't approve. They would only tell Felix that they would take care of the situation and that Felix should concentrate on school. They would also never let him skip school, which is why he had to be very smart about it. He didn't need more than a parent's signature for that. And since his father was no longer in the picture, he included his mother in the plan. It wasn't easy at first, as she didn't approve either, but with a few convincing arguments, which Felix isn't exactly proud of (guilt tripping), he got his mother to sign a school absence application for him.

After that, everything was a piece of cake. He had to leave the house earlier than the others in the morning and be back at school at the end of class to go home with Jisung, Hyunjin and Seungmin. They all had no idea. So while Felix wasn't at school, he was watching his father's house. He needed to know when his father was leaving the house and when Janice wasn't there. It was enough to spy on the house for four days. They left the house at 8 o'clock in the morning. Then they took Olivia to nursery school and were gone until 4pm. Then they came back with Olivia, so Felix had a time window of 8 hours from Monday to Thursday. On Fridays and weekends, they were either at home all the time or out with Olivia.

And so it came to the next step. The preliminary approach... He had to get rid of Janice. At first Felix thought of having her distracted by his mother for a few hours, but he already had another plan for his mother. So he came up with the idea of keeping her at work. But to do this, he had to find out where she worked and how he could stop her from going home. But that turned out to be easier than he first thought. One day he tracked her to her work and found out that she didn't have a job, but just spent the whole day in a bar. He watched her for a few hours and saw how she, just like his father, was just a lying bit**. But he couldn't stay upset about her for long, so he talked to the bartender and asked him some questions.
He found out that Janice was here every day and also went out with one of the guys from time to time. So all Felix had to do now was to make sure that Janice also went out with a guy that day. If he's honest with himself, he doesn't feel good about it at all, but this woman has destroyed everything in his life and now he finally wants his family back... Olivia.

And so it happened that Felix followed Janice to the bar again and waited for her to go out with a guy. Then he went to Olivia's kindergarten and picked her up. Fortunately, the teachers still knew the boy and let Olivia go home with him.
Of course Olivia had questions, but he didn't have time to answer them. He took her home and told her to pack her things and not come out until he told her to. Olivia didn't ask any more questions and just did what her brother had told her to do.

Then Felix sat down in the living room and waited for his father... He didn't have to wait long before he heard the car pull into the courtyard. Felix could feel himself getting more and more nervous, but it was time to finally make his father pay for everything he had done.
He stood up and stared at the front door. Any moment now. His heart was racing like never before. He feels the same fear running through him as four months ago. The same fear when he was waiting for his father to hit him... But today everything is different. He has a plan... He can do this.
Then the door opened and the man Felix hated so much entered the house.