She...believes

March 5th finally came and it was time for the 2020 she believes cup. Today we were stationed in Orlando florida in the exploria stadium.

I was walking behind Megan as we walked through the corridor of the stadium towards the locker room as we just got off the bus.

A man with a black cap and outfit was in our vision when we turned the corner, wires all over his form and a large camera in hand.

"Megan, y/n!" The purple haired woman stuck her tongue out with a rock and roll sign whilst I just awkwardly waved and sped up my walking to avoid cameras.

No matter how many times I get put on film, I'll always try to avoid them. I eventually found my way to the room and got comfortable.

Seconds later the comforting silence was broken by the team piling in, speakers blaring and players screaming.

"Come on, Ryder! Get active! We got a tournament to win!" Sonnett enthusiastically spoke as she plopped onto the cubby next to mine.

"How does singing get me active?" I questioned with a chuckle.

"Get your blood pumping!" She stood up and involuntarily dragging me up with her.

Meet me halfway by the black eyed peas played in the back and she began hopping and dancing to the beat.

"Can you meet me halfway? Right at the borderline. That's where I'm gonna wait for you. I'll be looking out, night and day! Took my heart to the limit, and this is where I'll stay!"

As the woman sung and danced, those who were getting dressed sung along with the music, eyes looking at me expectantly.

With a roll to my eyes and a chuckle i joined in, a wave of enthusiasm suddenly rushing over me, "I can't go any further than this!"

"Ahhh! Yes!" She jumped up and down in pure delight. I'm not one to sing at all no matter the cause. Even for the girls birthdays I get shy just singing happy birthday to them.

"I want you so bad, it's my only wish!" she had her arms wrapped my body and swung us to the side as we belted the lyrics.

We let go of each other with a laugh, the defender pushing me away jokingly. "How'd that do? Got blood pumping through your veins, huh?"

"More like my heart. It's racing at 200 miles an hour."

Carli walked in and clapped her hands, captain mode being activated in an instant. "I want everyone dressed and in that corridor in 5 minutes. Everyone is ready minus us."

Today I was starting. Again. In the words of the coach, vlatko, I have good chemistry with Tobin. Whenever she plays, I do. When she doesn't start, I don't.

I will admit my bond with Tobin is close. I have no idea why but the moment I joined, I've been attached to her. I guess I find comfort in her aura.

When we walked into the tunnel, everyone had gotten given their own mascots. I got paired up with a little girl who looked really nervous and timid.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and rubbed it. The little girl looked up at me and I smiled, sending her a wink. Slowly her frown was pulled from her face.

I looked over to the other side of the tunnel and my eyes met blue ones. She smirked and mouthed, remember what's at stake.

I rolled my eyes and began moving forward when the ref waved a hand for us to start moving to the pitch.

The crowd erupted in cheers once we were visible and the little girl I had with me removed her hand from mine, hands snapping up to her ears.

I looked down at her worriedly and bent down as I walked, "What's wrong? Are you scared?"