Welcome to the..

After many hours of endless celebrating with my teammates, I was finally able to return home. As much as I wanted to spend time with my family, all I wanted was to be able to cool down from the month long tournament.

I wheeled my bag through the empty apartment hallways, stopping when I realized I didn't bring my key.

For some reason I had a habit of doing a task then forgetting about it midway. With a groan I raised my hand to knock on the door, stopping when the frame swung open.

There stood a smirking Aitana bonmatí, my key in her hand as she waved it tauntingly.

"One day I won't be home and you'll be sleeping in the hall."

"Funny enough, I actually did once. A janitor found me sleeping against the wall and said something could've happened to me and got me a spare key."

The older girl rolled her eyes with a smile as I stepped in before she pulled me into a hug.

"Congratulation, y/n. You did so well. World champ."

If anyone gave me a hug, I would've folded immediately. Since I've grown comfortable around aitana my hand subconsciously wrapped around her torso.

"Im so sorry we knocked you out in the round of 16. I wanted to go to you but you looked so devastated. Like I destroyed your dreams."

She smirked and punched my arm lightly, "You did. But it happens. It was bound to happen any day. I knew one of us wasn't going to make it, but I'm glad it was you. You deserve it. Plus, there will be other opportunities for us to beat you."

"In your dream, bonnatí. Have you seen our squad? Absolutely rock solid."

"Have you seen ours?"

"Yes. That's why you lost."

The midfielder's teasing face pulled into a frown and she slapped my arm harshly, this time not teasing nor did she pulled back on it.

"Ow!" I yelped out, mouth agape as I rubbed the stinging spot that flowed through my arm, "Too soon?"

Her answer was raising her eyebrows, giving me the 'you think' look. She walked into the kitchen quickly and came back with an ice pack.

"Lo siento."

"It's fine. I wanted to talk to you about something, though. I've already talked to my sister and manager but I wanted to talk to you first."

"Okay?"

"I've been requested to play for a couple clubs. PSG, Lyon, angel city, nc courage, juventus, Manchester city, Real Madrid... Barcelona."

At the mention of her club, the woman gasped, eyes widening in excitement before it dropped.

"You made a choice?" At the silence, she continued, "what team?"

"Arsenal. I'll be leaving in a few days for preseason. I would've loved playing with you but..."

"You feel like England is your calling?" I nodded and she took a deep breath, "Why Arsenal though? Why not Chelsea? Why not Barca?"

"They never put an offer for me. Plus, no offense tana, I feel like liga f is too easy. Barca is winning matches left and right."

"But isn't that good? You're winning. We could've been winners together."

"I know. I know. But I want a competition. Something... on my level."