Chapter 9

As Taehyung and Jungkook sleep in each other's embrace, Jungkook's phone rings, so he quickly sits up and answers it. "Oppa. Where are you? I am at your place, but you are not here." When Jungkook hears who is calling him, he lies back down.

"I am out right now." He quietly answers as he gently brushes his fingers up and down Taehyung's bare arm.

"I need you." The young woman on the phone cries.

"Ji-An, I can't right now. I am busy." Jungkook sighs and watches as Taehyung sleeps.

"Why? Are you with her?" The young woman cries as she lies in Jungkook's bed.

"I am not with her. I am busy right now." Jungkook mutters and tucks Taehyung under the covers when he frowns in his sleep. "I have to go." He hangs up and places his phone on the nightstand.

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung sleepily murmurs as his eyes flutter open.

"Yeah. Everything is okay." Jungkook smiles as he wraps both of his arms around his lover and holds him close.

After an hour, Jungkook's phone rings again, so he answers it. "Are you abandoning me? We promised to leave together." The young woman drunkenly slurs.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook mumbles with his face buried in Taehyung's soft hair.

"You can't abandon me! You can't!" She sobs as she downs more whiskey.

"I never abandoned you. Stop hurting yourself. I made a promise, and I will keep it. I am away right now. Wait until tomorrow." Jungkook's voice becomes laced with concern when he hears Ji-An's drunken cries.

"You promised me!" She shouts and throws the bottle on the floor of Jungkook's apartment.

Taehyung looks at Jungkook with concern when he hears the shouts coming from the phone. He gently cups Jungkook's face in his hand and tenderly presses a kiss on his cheek.

"Are you with someone right now?!" Ji-An sobs when she hears Taehyung's soft kiss, causing Taehyung's eyes to widen in surprise.

"I am not." Jungkook calmly answers as he tightens his embrace around Taehyung.

"Are you with some fucking prostitute?!" She shrieks and trembles with anger.

"I am not." Jungkook grits his teeth and takes a deep breath to calm down. "Ji-An, you are not in your right mind at the moment. Go to sleep and calm down. I will see you tomorrow." He quickly hangs up and places his phone on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think she'd hear." Taehyung apologizes as he continues to look at Jungkook with worry.

"There is nothing to apologize about. You did nothing wrong. You were comforting me." Jungkook softly smiles and pecks Taehyung's forehead.

"Do you need to go to her?" Taehyung asks as he brushes his fingers through Jungkook's hair.

"No. She does this. I've known her for about six years. To her, I am Baek Daehwan, but I did promise to get her out of the gang. I have tried. I have gotten several jobs for her, but she ends up getting arrested for doing drugs, prostitution, or drinking on the job. Once I finish this case, I will try to get her into rehab." Jungkook explains as he snuggles Taehyung in his arms.

"I can help." Taehyung hums as he worries about his lover.

"You are already taking on a lot just handling me." Jungkook chuckles, kissing Taehyung's head.

"You are easy to be with. My crazy neighbor, on the other hand, is driving me insane." Taehyung sighs and kisses Jungkook's neck.

"He is definitely a problem. I want to shoot him." Jungkook mutters with a frown.