Chapter 6

As they lie in Taehyung's large bed together, Taehyung continues to sing softly for Jungkook. His voice soothes the aches in Jungkook's lonely heart.

"I spoke to the captain yesterday. I told him this would be my last undercover case. It's getting more dangerous, and I am tired. He got upset with me and told me my hands were already dirty, so what was the use of stopping." Jungkook dryly chuckles as he tightens his embrace around Taehyung. "He was rather furious."

"What?" Taehyung's eyes widen in shock as he looks at Jungkook. "Why is he acting like this?"

"His little brother was my first partner. We graduated from the academy together. He died, and I lived. The captain has never been able to forgive me. I have been undercover to catch the person behind my partner's death. In the process, I lost two more partners." Jungkook explains with guilt lacing his voice.

"Jungkook, that is not your fault. The only people at fault are the ones who killed police officers. You did nothing wrong. You survived, and I am glad you did. This guilt is not your burden to bear." Taehyung softly responds as he gets up on his elbow and gently places his arm on Jungkook's chest, laying his palm above Jungkook's heart. "Your partners would not want you to bear this guilt."

"I used to have a dream. I just wanted to be a regular detective." Jungkook mumbles with teary eyes.

"Then chase after your dream." Taehyung softly smiles as he gently reaches up and tucks Jungkook's hair behind his ear.

"I have to finish this case. That woman is a monster who torments people for fun, and I am sure she works for the person behind my partners' deaths. I am close." Jungkook mutters as he pulls Taehyung onto his chest and looks at the slivered moon outside of Taehyung's window.

"Please. Please be careful." Taehyung buries his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"I will. I promise." Jungkook hums, burying his face in Taehyung's soft hair.

As they sleep in each other's embrace, Jungkook's phone chimes, letting him know that it is time to leave. He presses a lingering kiss on Taehyung's head before getting up to leave. Because he stayed the night, they had time to wash and dry his shirt, so he put it on and grabbed his black leather jacket. 

"Bye, my Solace," Jungkook whispers before pressing a tender kiss on Taehyung's head. He smiles when Taehyung happily hums and smiles in his sleep. 

As Jungkook steps out of Taehyung's beautiful home, he takes one final glance toward Taehyung's room and shuts the door. "So, you're the boyfriend. I was wondering why he always ignored me."

"Who are you?" Jungkook gruffly asks as he makes sure Taehyung's door is locked to keep his Solace safe.

"His neighbor." The man grins as he eyes Jungkook up and down.

"You're the one he has told me about who has been bothering him. Leave my boyfriend the fuck alone." Jungkook growls as he glares down at the shorter man. Taehyung did not tell him anything, but he could deduce that the ass in front of him had been harassing Taehyung.

"I didn't think he actually had one. Shame." The man scoffs and walks away.

"Fucking asshole," Jungkook growls before storming to the elevator.

While the sun shines bright in the sky, Jimin enters Taehyung's apartment and instantly sniffs the air. "I smell someone else's cologne again. It's the same one," he hums with an excited grin. "Hmm ... and there are two mugs on the coffee table. Is the mystery man still here?" Jimin grins as he tiptoes to Taehyung's bedroom door.

When he cracks the door open, he notices that Taehyung is sleeping alone. Then, he sees the new hickeys on Taehyung's chest, neck, and collarbones. "Mystery man was definitely here last night." Jimin hums, closing the bedroom door.