💦 Chapter 8

After Taehyung and Namjoon eat together, Namjoon drops Taehyung off at his apartment. He makes sure to walk Taehyung up to his apartment because Taehyung is a little tipsy from all of the wine he drank at the event.

"Thank you, Sunbae. The event was nice." Taehyung smiles and suddenly hugs Namjoon. "Make sure to take care of Jin hyung when he returns from Peru. He's going to be stressed and exhausted. Also! You have my blessing. I know why Jin hyung loves you! You take good care of him for sure." Taehyung beams before releasing Namjoon from his tight hug.

"Thank you for coming with me to the event." Namjoon chuckles and politely pats Taehyung's back.

"Good night, Sunbae!" Taehyung happily bows before entering his apartment.

Once Taehyung is alone, he frowns and grabs his cigarettes. He is worried because Jungkook seemed extremely uncomfortable at the event. Every time the woman touched him, Jungkook would tense up. With his unlit cigarette dangling between his lips, Taehyung quickly undresses until he is wearing nothing but his white dress shirt and boxers. He grabs a blanket and goes to his balcony to relax.

With a sigh, Taehyung sits on his cozy chair and lights his cigarette. He enjoys the peaceful atmosphere with his blanket wrapped around him. As he smokes, his neighbor walks onto his balcony and eyes him.

"I am not in the mood for your harassment tonight," Taehyung mutters without sparing his neighbor a single glance.

"Why? Did you and your boyfriend break up?" His neighbor gleefully asks.

"No. It is none of your business." Taehyung sighs and looks at his lit cigarette nestled between his index finger and middle finger.

"You seem rather upset, and he's not here. I can only guess that you two broke up. He does seem like a good-for-nothing." The neighbor grins and tries to glance at Taehyung's bare legs.

"Do not talk about him like that. You are the good-for-nothing." Taehyung hisses, snapping his cigarette in half.

Before the neighbor can respond, Taehyung's doorbell rings, so he quickly gets up and goes to his door. The moment Taehyung opens his door, he grabs Jungkook and drags him into his apartment before his neighbor comes out to harass them.

"What is wrong?" Jungkook asks when Taehyung suddenly hugs him.

"My neighbor was being an ass." Taehyung hums and buries his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"I should use my connections to make him disappear," Jungkook growls as he protectively wraps his arms around Taehyung.

"No. I don't want you to get in trouble for anything. I am your secret until you are safe." Taehyung tightens his grip around Jungkook, afraid of Jungkook getting hurt. "You smell like her." He mumbles against Jungkook's neck.

"Sorry. I uh-"

"It's okay. I know that you have to be with her in certain ways to protect your identity. Do everything you must to stay safe. I will never get upset with you for being with her." Taehyung hums and gently kisses Jungkook's face.

"I feel disgusting," Jungkook mutters as he clenches his fists and avoids Taehyung's gaze.

"Do you want to take a shower? Will that make you feel better?" Taehyung softly asks as he gently pulls away to look into Jungkook's eyes.

"That would be nice," Jungkook hums and pecks Taehyung's nose. "Your cigarettes smell nice."

"As do yours." Taehyung smiles as he pulls Jungkook to the bathroom. "I will bring something for you to change into. I bought larger clothes for you."