Chapter 15 The Kid And Child

Strolling on through the halls of the cathedral Queen Lager came to a halt when two couples stopped and bowed to her. Yeah for a queen lager was used to people always acknowledging her whenever they saw her, of course, she understood why for she was a queen herself.

Afterward, lager waved goodbye to the two couples and proceeded towards her destination all the while making sure no one saw her. And as she does she looks both ways and continues left to another path where barely anyone goes to.

She then arrived at her destination where to her front was a brown wooden and steel door. Opening it lager made sure to not cause an even louder sound to not alert any prying ears.

"Well, it's about time you've arrived sister!" A voice spoke up.

Queen Lager almost jumped out of shock. At first, she was reaching for her hidden sword but took a moment to realize that the one who spoke was none other than her brother Safran.

"Must you always scare me like that Safran!" Said a lambaste lager.

Safran uncrossed his arms and put them up in mock surrender. "Apologies sister, it's just that you are always making yourself look easy to scare... Anyway, has anyone seen you walking here?"

Lager dusted off some of the dirt from her dress and then responded understanding where her brother was leading. "No, I've made sure no one saw me, besides hardly anyone come this way,"

"Good, cause Mother wanted to make sure we get here on time," safran replied.

"The empress herself must be in a hurry then," remarked Lager.

Safran just smiled at his sister's quip and gestured for her to follow him. "Knowing how she is sometimes, mother is only serious when needed to... Come, the others are waiting,"

"I'm guessing im the last one?" Lager says asking her brother.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, you just so happen to arrive on time,"

This voice caused Lager to be surprised. The person standing seven feet away from her was wearing a green and brown leather hoodie, it was covering every part of his upper body, except for his head.

"Gideon! I didn't expect to see you here," said a happy lager as she went and hugged her old friend.

"It is good to see you too young lass, tell me how was your daughter's first battle of the contest, I've heard she won?" the old man said as he departed from the hug.

"She did great for her first time, although it was also thanks to ser five," responded Lager.

"Ser, five? I thought the prince was supposed to be her partner?" Asked gideon.

"Well, I do not know why that boy changed his mind. But for as long as I know that kid, he probably thought of betraying my daughter. However, it is a good thing Ser Five agreed to assist her,"

"That doesn't mean he did not have a choice, for my dear old sister here urged for the poor spartan to help nalarian," Safran quipped.

"Heh. Then I could already feel sorry for the poor man... Come you two, we've arrived," Gideon said as he held the door open for the two royals.

Secret Room

Once the prince and queen entered the room the two of them were then greeted by a pair of familiar faces, however, some other ones they didn't know had introduced themselves to Lager and safran.

"Your Highness, I must say it is an honor to meet you... My name is Masala of House Dayne, this here to my right is Lady Xayne of House Hallam," Masala said gesturing with his hand to the woman standing next to him.