Chapter 13 Foes To Friends

He didn't raise his own hands to wave at the audience, nor were they clapping their hands at the declaration of his name by the presenter.

The proclamation of him got less cheer from the people around the stadium. Only those who've heard of him cheered on.

Five had caught sight of brandor standing with his daughter on his right shoulder. The two of them were screaming out his name louder enough for him to hear with another person standing beside them while clapping. Though they may have been the only ones cheering him on at the moment he could see from the other side of the stadium the queen and her colleagues sitting where most of the other kings and queens were stationed in. He notices that Carley is waving her hand down at him, giving him a thumbs-up while Lager and her companions are clapping.

"Who the hell is he?" Olrox said to his partner.

"Remember the one news that's been going on between your father's kingdom?" Vyr said to him.

Olrox shrugs slightly in response to his partner's inquiries. "Yeah, I've heard that in King Krasd and Queen Jassan's homeland, one of the villages within their land just a couple miles away from the castle was raided, and so they asked my father first for aid. I don't know what went on, but somehow, someone might have overheard of their request and immediately let words of it out into the opening for everyone to hear,"

"Glad to know that you are aware of that because the one who is responsible for quelling the raider's attack on numerous villages was him," Vyr said gesturing to the princess's unknown teammate.

"Heh, now that you say that. I hope that this spartan is as good as the people themselves say he is," commented Olrox brashly.

"Haste it, friend, we do not want to underestimate our opponents. Besides, words have it that this spartan was also responsible for killing a basilisk, even a fighter like us would have trouble dealing with those serpent-like creatures," Vyr said to his long-time friend hoping he wouldn't misjudge the two standing opposite sides from them.

"Relax yourself vyr. I'm just a bit excited to fight Princess Nalarian herself, you can take on the giant golem," replied Olrox as he patted his friend on the shoulder.

Vyr chuckled wholeheartedly with his friend. "Of course you would want to, besides. Didn't she beat you once before,"

Olrox sneered at the comment and hated that his partner brought that up. "That was only during training, this is different,"

"Then we shall see, for I feel like she won't be holding up against us as well," says Vyr as he and olrox eyed the other two.

<•>

After the presenter was finished announcing both nalarian and Five's titles and past deeds he was picked up by a griffin and it flew up high in the air. As he does he pulls out an object, and coming outside of it is a red smoke commencing the start of the match.

"I hereby say, start the match!"

All of a sudden audiences from around the world stadium scream out in pure joy delighted for the long-awaited match of the empress's granddaughter's first contest of battle.

From behind Queen Jassan, she flinched scratching the side of her head when Queen Lager yelled out loudly for her eldest daughter.

"A bit excited are we my queen," joked Jassan.

"Of course Your Highness, this is going to be nalarian's first contest of battle," Replied in a quip.