Chapter 14 Journey To the North

An elderly woman was just wakened up by the loud sound of the outside world.

Of course, she knew what it was that had been going on forever since yesterday, word from that of her daughter and Captain Whitcomb was given and then the construction crew of the unsc Trevelyan were hard at work in building a military base and a settlement.

As she thought about it halsey didn't even expect a bunch of guards dressed in medieval armor to come knocking on their front door.

At first, when the guards arrived with their leaders halsey was wary of who they were until one of them stepped forth and introduced themselves.

The woman called herself Laenaryn Stark, and the man to her side halsey knew as her husband called himself Geth Stark, son of Rickard Stark ruler of the north.

Her daughter the vice admiral and Captain Whitcomb are confused about why some lords were here to greet them and for what. Unclear at the time halsey wanted to know why the two were there, however, it was thanks to rithinaian and daenaria who had sent a messenger saying that they should've let them know about the two lord's arrival.

Halsey knew she should be mad at the chieftains but couldn't bring herself to hate them for she and everyone in the unsc were the ones who had trespassed into their lands.

And now she has to get up and get ready for a trip to the two lords' castle for a meeting. Of course that didn't mean that she'd be alone seeing as how two spartans alongside with a few unsc and marines would be escorting her for the seminar meeting. And what made it the least better was that the two chieftains would be coming with them.

Halsey was going through her mind for some time until a knock, caused her to get up from her bed. Mentally cursing at herself while putting on her shoes halsey winced as she cracked her back.

"Geez, I may have the body of a woman in her forties, but I sure as hell feel like falling for one simple mistake," Halsey said thinking to herself.

As she neared the door halsey opened it and was met with a spartan who was looking down at her.

Halsey didn't blame her for she was the reason why Spartan asta-017 was this tall. The color of her armor wasn't the same as that of her spartan brothers and sisters. Usually, they'd choose the color green of any variant, but hers was a dark black with a small addition of gold on her shoulder pads and armor forearm.

"Madam, forgive me for waking you up, but I believe there is something you need to hear," Asta said in a quiet yet firm way.

"Of course asta, I'll be out in just a minute, I've gotta put on my usual clothes," says Halsey closing the door.

Asta-017 P.O.V.

The spartan stood guard with her back to the door

The spartan stood guard with her back to the door. While she does have to think about this asta is still unsure of what she and the others might find out there, not because she is concerned in any way but because of the others, this so-called man in greens who was clearly from the 21st century.