Chapter 3 The City Town And The Hunt Part Two

As the people of Arenian were actively roaming the streets on this clear and sunny day, the clamorous sounds and voices of the townspeople themselves were as happy as they had always been during the day when the festival fair would take place.

People from various kingdoms would frequently pay visits, and as for others like small villages, they'd come over to share their wealth in food, wine, and other goods, as wanderers would come and go at any time.

Multiple market owners were loving it as this was one of the many times they would have a lot of customers to buy their goods and earn a considerable amount of coins such as silver and copper, while the lucky few get the gold  coins, and whenever shop owners ran out of foods, they would have either a son daughter or someone else hired to go and hunt beasts and animals to bring them the substance they needed, which they were glad that those of the town hunters were happy to ablige by.

As this was happening, a lone figure could be seen standing on top of a building. This person did not need the sun to blind her because she looks good even in low light. She was mostly covered in a long hooded cloak, so she was not concerned about the sun getting in the way. Her only weapons were two fifteen-inch-long daggers strapped to her right thigh, one short sword hanging from her back, and a hidden shield gauntlet in her right forearm. These weapons were not intended for a frontal attack, but rather as a quick call to defend herself and an assassin, which she was not because her only task at the time was to spy on a certain newcomer.

She had been tasked by her leader with keeping an eye on the Spartan since he arrived in the city with a family of four. She did not know who he was at first, but she took the job anyway so as not to irritate her boss. When she went out to find her suspect's current location, she had no idea who he was because her boss had described him as a man dressed in armor. She considered it and realized that many people wore armor, particularly the town guardsmen, some of the noble guards, and those from the allied kingdoms.

For a few moments, she began to doubt herself, believing that it would be pointless for her to find a person wearing strange armor when everyone she saw wore various different looking armor; however, this changed when she saw one of Arenian's most well-known people, Ms. Randas, daughter of Lady Doranda and one of Arenian's best guardswomen.

Doranda, Brandor's sister, was well-known as a strong guardswoman in the rank due to her dedication to training other guardswomen and guardsmen in her platoon.

But that was not what she was thinking, because the moment she saw the large figure of the Spartan, she knew right away that this was who her boss had asked her to keep an eye on.

She was about to go down to get a better look at her suspect when Randas led two of her friends inside, along with the spartan, whom she laughed at when he was seen trying to walk carefully up the wooden stairs. The girl assumed that the giant, with all of his heavy armor, was probably overweight.

For the time being, she chose to wait outside up top of the building for the past sixteen minutes until she noticed one of the known guardsmen, Kyro and his group, had just arrived at the tavern with their kill, a boar about the size of a white bear; she shuddered at the thought of those northern beasts; they were large animals, very large. She once saw a small cub of a white bear and was taken aback; the newborn cub was as big as an average adult dog, and when it grows into an adult size, it will be ten feet tall on all fours, but twelve feet on two feet.

However, it was no surprise to her that Kyro and his crew had killed this white bear because it was slow, but with its strengths, it could have killed at least one person if given the opportunity, but it appeared that they had set a trap for the beast and killed it while it was weakened.