#R8 Crooked Hearts

👵》Cover / Title
The cover is pretty and I think that's the protagonist, so this story is about her but I don't like the title because I don't feel like they fit the story? I only read the early parts though referencing the blurb I believe the title would be more fitting from villain POV than heroes?

👵》Blurb/Story Description
The blurb is okay, it gives me enough information to make out what the story is about. Its criminals and police force are trying to work together against a greater evil. I am expecting a lot of contrasts between how they go about it and a lot of conflict with each other due to them being on different sides of the law, and it ends with a hook as to whether they will succeed or fail to defeat their common enemy.

👵》World
I think you set the scene well enough, a brief summary of the visual backdrop and then adding little details as the scene progresses is a nice touch. Not too much nor too little . I have nothing much to say here because it is descriptive enough for me, though others might argue you could be more detailed but to me it is good enough.

👵》Plot & Conflict
The characters and their circumstances are introduced well, but I believe the story would be better if it starts closer to the plot. You could introduce both sides at one location / event, giving exposition of all the characters in one event that connects them together and later reveal their backstory slowly. It's okay but the introduction could be multi-layered for more oomph instead of introducing them one by one.

👵》Characters
The characters are described well, their relationship, backstory and personality is evident. The characters have different vibes to them, and the interactions between them highlights their differences. 

👵》Enjoyment/Engagement
Starting with action to create tension is okay but as I said above, it would be better if it is related to the plot rather than a backstory because the tension feels empty since it is not related the plot. Just my opinion, but I believe it would be more powerful to start at the plot rather than just exposition for the sake of exposition. But overall I think it is an okay read.

Sorry I don't have much to add, I don't really know what to advice so I hope you find a more experienced reviewer, good luck! Hope to read it again.