19 - Surprise

'I will never get the hang of this,' I say. I'm trying to slice some tomatoes, but they keep slipping away from me. As soon as the knife hits them, they roll off the counter.

'Of course you will,' Dan says calmly. Then he walks up behind me and he slips his arms around me. He puts his hands over mine so he can move the knife for me. When he lifts our hands, the knife slides straight through the tomato.

'See,' he says, his voice a low rumble beside my ear. 'It's easy.'

'Oh,' I say. 'I see.'

I don't see. I can't concentrate. His entire body is pressed up against me. When he chuckles, I can feel his chest vibrating.

'Why are you shaking?' he asks. He holds my hand to slice through the tomato again. His chin leans on my shoulder. I can feel his breath against my neck.

'You're so close,' I whimper. I'm almost unable to breathe at this point.

He lets go of my hands and runs his fingers up my arm, up to my hair to brush it back. Then he whispers into my ear.

'Do you want me to go away?'

He rests his hand lightly on my shoulder. The other holds on to my waist. I don't want him to let go.

'No,' I whisper. Barely more than a breath.

'What do you want?'

I turn around in his arms. When I kiss him, he doesn't hold back. He kisses me back with an urgency that tells me he wants this as much as I do. His hands are everywhere. In my hair, on my waist, trailing down my back, my butt, back up over my breasts. Then he picks me up and I wrap my legs around him. He carries me like it's nothing, to the other side of the kitchen, where he lays me down on the kitchen table.

'I want you to fuck me, Da-

I gasp when I wake up. Mr Andrews must have a day off because the sound of a drill is what rudely dragged me out of the dream.

'Fuck,' I mumble to myself, dropping back onto the pillow. Part of me wants to close my eyes to get back to the dream. Things were just about to get really hot. Even as the dream slips away, it's left an ache between my legs I'm dying to rub. It was all so vivid.

But I tried so hard to fight the confusing feelings that have been becoming more persistent these last few days. That dream does nothing to help. I should probably just take a cold shower or something. But first some coffee maybe. Sleeping or dreaming is definitely off the table anyway with the noise coming from my neighbor's garden. Maybe I should thank him for it.

Yawning loudly, I get out of bed and put on my robe to go downstairs. Maybe I'll just have a coffee and watch some useless shit on tv in my pajamas until I feel like actually taking a shower.

But I forgot one thing.

'You're up early.'

Of course, he hasn't left for work yet. It's too early. He's at the kitchen table, eating some sort of healthy looking bowl of all kinds of things mixed together. The same kitchen table that he threw me onto in the dream. I can still feel his hands on me. His breath on my neck. His tongue bursting through my lips.

Stop it. It was just a dream. Still, I can hardly look at him as I trudge toward the coffee machine.

'The noise,' I mumble grumpily.

'I thought you'd be happy about that,' he chuckles. 'Do you want me to go over and tell him to keep the noise down?'

'You could try,' I say, surpressing another yawn. 'We've asked him a million times to wait until 9 at least, but he's ignored it so far.'