Chapter 1:

Nightmares pov.
I sit on the couch. I was bored at the moment since this place has nothing really to do. Thats when James comes and sits by me.

James was the only kid that I thought of as a friend here. He was the one that I had spared after all. I stare at absolutly nothing as James plays with my feet for no good reason. But he seemed happy so I just kinda let it happen...

" Is something wrong?" James finally asked after being quiet for a pretty good 30 minutes. I shook my head but he knew better. " Your still getting those nightmares..."

" Yeah..." I say trailing off at the end. James has a worried look on his face causing me to feel bad.

He's been really conserned for my health since all these nightmares began to start. James is a real sweetheart at times but sometimes it kills me to see how conserned he is.

When I had first met James that cold night he had been nothing more then a worthless human to me. But after he saw what I had done to his family I saw him break. His face went emotionless and all you could see in his eyes was pain and grief. Something caused me and James to become a little closer after that. When I brought him back, Me and him grew even closer. We were just like siblings...

The first few nights were the worst for him but they progressively became better. The hunts I went on, He would come with to. He continueously learned off of me causing him to earn his survival instinct.

As these years go on I relize that we become even closer. Once James had gotten badly hurt since one of his new powers kicked in when he wasn't expecting it to. I stayed by his bed side until he had gained conciousness back. But, a day never went back that I didn't fear for him.

" Are you still with me here on earth Anna?" Asked James. I didn't get angry when he called me Anna. It actually soothed me when he said it. Only James and Mark know my real name including my old friends. All the other dorks that live here only know me by the name of Nightmare.

I smile at James to answer his question. I see his face begin to lift by the large smile that now lied where the frown once stood ground. I only smiled so he would know I'm still with him on this god forsaken world the petty mortals called their home.

" I'm fine James." I finally try to reassure him. He shakes his head. I frown as I tilt my head slitly to the right.

" I can tell your not fine Anna so there is no reason to try to lie to me." Sternly states James. I sigh.

" I know that I..." I trail off towards the end. James had a even bigger frown on his face causing me to break inside. I don't want my own brother to be hurt by me not telling him something... " I just don't want to talk about it James. Especially since its about my old life. And you know how much I hate to talk about my old life..."

James starts to stretch as he stands up. Thats when I'm pulled to my feet by him. We start heading towards the front door not really giving a care in the world to the other new pastas Mark had me bring him.

We start running threw the forest. We dodged trees left to right as we continued until I see something that was all to familiar to me...