END HER TYRANNY | The Miracle of Life

She's felt sickly lately

The rise of more rampant rogues, humans learning of werewolves and werecats existence, and even Canadian cold wasn't enough to sicken her- but something else was.

Being a Goddess meant no illness, no aching pains, and no stomach aches.

But she felt all of those right now.

Why?

When she went on her midnight stroll she stumbled across Luna sat under the bright moon. 

The darkened pine trees warily stood around them- slightly creaking with every sway of their trunks. Pines would drop from the sky. Little thumps echoed as pine cones dropped and bounced down to the ground. 

Sitting on a hill, no trees obstructing their view of the miles of forest and stars littered across the sky, Selene sat down next to her wolf.

She delicately rubbed her stomach as if feeling congested.

"The pup I wish to have Nemesis will be here soon." Luna commented, looking up at the lovely moon sleeping in the sky. "He will take good care of him."

Selene, confused, looking at Luna, "Is there something I don't know?"

"Partly." The large white wolf laid down and humorously looked at her, "But you've felt it... have you not?"

Still- she didn't understand. Luna liked to be mysterious at times but that only made it harder to decipher her.

Of course, her wolf knew this, and chortled lightly. "Though, I should reprimand you for traveling across the continent when you hold a miracle of life."

A... miracle of life.

Realization nearly startled her with how hard it hit her. Her hands flew down to her chubby stomach- which was starting to swell over past few weeks.

"A little boy," Luna whispered, "Nemesis has seen the worst, but knows to lay his trust in his Goddess..." The she-wolf looked off into the distance, "He will take care of him when we cannot."

Closing her eyes- Selene chuckled solemnly, "Such... awful timing."

"There is no expected time for bundles of joy." Cooed her wolf, "Life is beautiful."

She smiled. How would she tell Ullr of the news? He'd most likely lose it- maybe even cry. The man's always wanted to be a father.

"Oh, how will I choose a mate for my pup?" The Goddess huffed, "I may become too picky."

Luna flashed her canines with a grin, tail thumping behind her, "Fate makes better decisions then you and I."

Selene hummed and looked off into the distance.

"Perhaps it does."