Chapter 12 | Malicious Disbelief

The pale young woman tugged on dark brown reindeer pelt trousers

Tightened buttons made it tight around her curvy figure. She tucked in a white blouse she was given and lifted a large cowl. The fluffy rabbit fur was knitted together beautifully, wrapping around her neck and cascading off her shoulders.

She had wrapped her incredibly long hair in a knot bun, which was heavy on the back of her head but rested on the cowl.

Lily was smiling, folding her gifted clothing into neat piles. She had made her own bed this morning, too.

The room door swung open.

She squeaked in surprise, flinching and whipping around to look at the intruder.

Vor stood in the doorway. She wore a wool black turtleneck and a thick vest hugging her superframe. Her black trousers were tight and thick to keep her warm.

Her calloused hand leaned back, slowly closing the door behind her.

Lily frowned, fidgeting with her thumbs. "Uhm- Hello." She greeted. Was this how she dies?

"Don't 'Hello' me." She spat, copying her tone to make her appear high-pitched and annoying. "How the fuck do you understand Norse AND Tutchone?" The woman demanded through hisses, stomping toward Lily maliciously.
She shrank into herself, playing with the hem of her cowl. "Who the fuck are you?" Vor got up in her grill. "I don't know." Lily whimpered, "I- I really don't. I don't know why I understand-"

The woman's hand flew to her neck. Her large fingers held it tight, nails digging into her skin.

Lily gasped, hands flying up to grab her wrists- but Vor threw her to the ground. She fell with a thump, squealing in pain and fear.

"Liar!" Vor roared, shaking a fist at her, "What's your motive, you dumb bitch? Don't play innocent!"

She wished she could tell her everything, but she really knew nothing. "I don't know anything!" Lily cried, tears becoming cloudy.

Tears bowled at her eyes until they cascaded down her cheeks, which were rosy from emotion.

"I heard everything from the Lǽknari," Vor walked up to her, pressing her boot into her stomach. "If you truly forgot everything, you wouldn't be functioning. You'd be crying like a newborn baby." 

Her eyes narrowed.

"Though seems that last part is already happening."

Lily whimpered, trembling as she continued to cry. That was... incredibly mean! There was nothing she could do to prove Vor wrong.

"Please- I- It's the truth," Lily whined. The boot on her stomach dug into her, Vor stepping further into her. 

"Bullshit."

She couldn't give Vor what she wanted!

Her boot left her stomach, making it easier to breathe. The Ek's hands flew down, grabbing her by her cowl and raising her up. Lily wiggled under her grasp- but this only infuriated Vor further. Was she going to beat her? Kill her?

The eery silence was interrupted by the jiggling of the doorknob.

"OCCUPIED!" Vor roared, intending to make the interruption go away. Lily felt the urge to yell out for help, but the glare she was given made her zip her lips.

That didn't stop the door from jiggling until it was thrown open.

The familiar sound of a 7'2, 350-pound man's boots made her heart skip a beat.