Chapter 11 | A Werebear's Kindness

The hallways were wide and empty

The hallways were wide and empty. Paintings lined the walls, ones that she admired for their beauty and intricate.

Lily, who's long white hair waterfalled off her shoulders, held a small bag of clothing. The elderly couple were kind enough to give her clothing they no longer needed. She really appreciated it.

"Guests stay in the tribe house." Zisa eludicated. She was leading the woman to her room, where she will be staying.

"Honestly," She'd sigh and slow down a bit to walk beside her, "We don't really... know or understand you. That's why everyone is so wary."

Lily smiled, "It's okay." She reassured.

She was a kind soul that didn't see the bad in people. It was a mix of a blessing and a curse.

Her silky white hair bounced with each step, sometimes having to tuck them over her shoulder so it doesn't drag on the floor. Braiding her hair made things easier, but Lily enjoyed the freedom of letting her hair sway in the wind.

"Can I..." She thought for a moment before mumbling, "Can I ask something?"

"Of course." Zisa cooed. She was a lot more willing to teach then everyone else was.

Lily adjusted her grip on the bag. "Is everyone here a werebear?"

Zisa raised her brows. Well, she did translate the words in the story, so it was about time she figured out they weren't human. Hiding something so detrimental about yourself is basically impossible for long periods of time like this.
"... Yeah." She breathed out, puckering her lips. "I am too." She added. The two kept walking down the hallway, a few tribe members passing by with wary or curious looks upon their faces. Lily didn't see them as malicious, though.

Though, her kindness was beginning to have a limit when it came to Vor. She was... mean.

"That's a little cool." She'd chirp, tilting her head as she'd think more into it.

The twin's eyes narrowed, an eyebrow raising as she glanced at her curiously. "That's..." She trailed off, "That's the most nonchalant reaction I've ever gotten."

Immediately, Zisa is theorizing. "Maybe it's because of your amnesia." She commented.

Lily tilted her head in question, which made the woman giggle. "What if you know about werebears without actually knowing? You know?"

"That's confusing." Her nose scrunched up, pretty features looking unfamiliar under the strange expression. "But... I did know about my favourite flower. Maybe you actually have a point..." She muttered.

Finally, the two stopped at a door. It was tall and grand- twice the plump woman's height. Seems she's living in a building meant for giants!

She opened the door and allowed Lily to walk in first.

A comfortable, modern Nordic room laid before her. Paintings of mountains and forests lined the walls, along with the large bed facing the colossal window. "Oh, it's lovely." She cooed as if it were the most adorable thing she's seen all day.
The further Lily went in, the more she realized how large the furniture and ceilings were. The room was obviously meant for large occupants, and the absolutely massive wyoming-king sized bed. The sheets were luxurious and soft.

"I'll have to go." Zisa smiled, "Have a goodnight. Hopefully tomorrow is less scary."

"Thank you." Lily set her small bag on the humongous bed, "Goodnight, Zisa."

For the first time that day, she was fully left alone. Not a single eye glanced upon her, allowing Lily to collapse on the bed and relax in the soothing silence.

Wiggling further onto the bed, she glanced at the large window ahead of the bed. The waning gibbeous moon was shimmering in the night sky, yet it was much darker compared to how bright a moon is.

"Waning gibbeous..." She whispered, "How did I know that?"

The pale woman quickly rid herself of her winter clothing, dropping some of it to the floor. She was left in only her underwear, pulling off her bra and tossing it aside.

Her breasts went limp, the cold nipping at her exposed body, but it felt so nice to be free.

But it was chilly!

Lily wiggled under the sheets as fast as possible, the sheets as cold as the room. She hid under the blanket until her little nose poked out above the hem.

The room was perfect.

But...

Why did it feel so incomplete?