Chapter 35 | Cursed and Confused

Her recovery from that long day consisted of napping like a century-old log

Ullr refused to leave her side. He was untrusting of the tribe members- and clearly wasn't willing to take any chances.

When he held her as she napped, she finally realized why her bed felt so incomplete.

It was because he wasn't there.

Fluttering her eyelashes open- his broad chest greeted Selene. He decided briefs were all he needed, considering they were cuddling in a bed. Quietly, the woman felt his chest greedily.

"Up from your nap?" His chest rumbled, deep baritone voice still making her shiver. "Mhm..." Selene hummed.

Ullr kissed the crown of her head. "Would you mind getting up for me?" Her husband muttered, "We need to... contact someone."

Taking her head out of his chest, Selene peered up at his gaze. In his cerulean eyes was uncertainty and a little bit of disdain. They immediately softened at the sight of her looking at him. Was the person they needed to contact irritating to talk to?
Sweeping down, the bearded man stole her lips in a quick smooch. She gasped, cheeks going flush, while he flashed her a cocky grin. When he wasn't busy being moody around everyone else, Ullr seemed to enjoy teasing the daylights out of her.

"I can get up." She muttered, running her hand along his chest. He eyed her mischievous hand with a darkened glint. "Careful, tlin ra." Ullr muttered lowly, eyes darting up to hers.
[Careful, pup.]

Selene huffed, "I'm not a pup." She'd argue, though she couldn't look him in the eye.

He raised a brow but dropped it when he chuckled. "Maybe a cougar."

"Cougar?!" She'd quickly look him in the eye, "Are... are you calling me old?"

"And sexy," Ullr growled lustfully.

"Okay- that's enough."

Ullr exploded with a hearty laugh, clearly amused.

Hauling her out of the bed, they both readied themselves to leave. However, Selene spent most of her time fighting off his handsyness.

He had taken her to his home- their home. It was a beautiful cabin, clearly made by Ullr's hands, with many things she noticed she loved. Flowers, a big fireplace, a cute kitchen, and an attached greenhouse. It was truly starting to sink in that this was her husband.

Selene wouldn't call him obsessed- but she'd definitely call him passionate. She was also beginning to realize how much he meant to her, too.

This was the kind of relationship she would be envious of.

"The Lǽknari has set everything up by now." He'd say, following her as they walked outside the home. Selene adjusted a scarf around her neck. 

Ullr furrowed his brows in thought, "Is she nice to you?"

"Not at first." Selene hummed. He snarled quietly, but she patted his shoulder, "But she is now, She's very sweet."

That seemed to ease him.

Her husband began to lead her somewhere new, a cave in the distance with statues and cultural ornaments surrounding it. Selene could only wonder what was inside- perhaps a place for the tribesmen to practice their religion.
As she was deep in thought, she neglected to notice her husband slowing down. The woman fidgeted with her wool scarf, walking towards the cave when a sudden squeeze made her yelp. A squeeze of her behind that is.

"W-What the heck?!" The woman squealed. What's with his touchyness?!

She whipped her head to look back at him with a look of shock; all she saw was his stupid grin. Ullr looked awfully proud of himself.

"Can't help but touch you." Her husband cooed with a shrug of his shoulders, "Been a while since I got to admire you..."

"Q-Quit it!" She whisper shouted, not wanting anyone nearby to hear their squabble. 

His grin turned into him flashing his white teeth. 

Ullr guided her into the cave, candles lit along the walls. It was a natural cave with offerings, sculptures, and torches lining the walls. It was clear this place is visited frequently.

Finally, entering a large room in the cave, the stone ground had changed to pale winter green grass. The light shone through the roof, directly spraying its warmth on a circle amongst the greenery. Pale peach mushrooms created a perfect circle in the middle.

Eir stood nearby, holding a book as she trembled nervously. The woman smiled at the two, but it didn't reach her eyes.

Poor girl. Ullr probably scares the shit out of her.

"I-I set everything up." The woman would say, voice echoing through the cave. "It's... uhm... an honor to do this, my god."

He'd nod his head silently, striding toward the circle, but Selene grabbed his bicep to stop him.

Looking at her with a raised brow, she gestured toward Eir with a soft smile. Thank her.

Ullr scoffed before sighing, relinquishing. "... Thank you, Eir." The god would mutter. Eir beamed brightly, her grin finally reaching her eyes. She'd probably be thinking about that praise for days. Selene let go of his arm, clearly satisfied.

Walking around the circle, she watched her husband click his tongue and speak a different language.

"Geb Y' ah'kn'a, yog nog ng ai, llll Y' mgep request- ehye cahf ah urgent."

What kind of language was this?

"Ya wife llll ah ya side, finally llll last, mgng h' ah ill. Y' llll stell'bsna ymg' hafh."

The circle lit up, a bright green light emanating from the middle. Selene's eyes widened, watching as a figure rose from the depths.

"Well, if it isn't Ullr?"