Chapter 50 | Your Kindness Knows no Bounds

He broke the entire podium in half

The rotting Lycan's hands were nearly skin and bones, flesh dirtied and veins clogged with dirt, but his strength prevailed.

His elbow bone split out of his flesh as he'd slam his fists into the concrete constantly.

Argus was covered in fresh wounds. Claw marks, hanging skin, and even bite marks littered his body like a sick performance art. The sight of his wounds could make anyone wince, but he didn't bare them a single thought.

Selene climbed out of the rubble in a hurry- just quick enough to avoid a flinging chunk smashing into the position she was in prior.

The mortal Goddess climbed over a split half of the stone podium pointed toward the sky and rolled onto the ground.

Looking up from the dirt- she'd notice the wreckage further down the path Argus ventured to get to them.

Her breathing worsened- eyebrows curving up and head slightly tilting in dismay.

A few bodies littered the ground. The still faces of werecats, frozen in their death, blankly stared up at the sky. Blood made paths through the soft dirt.

Amongst the bodies sat a massive man on his knees. 

His fist was wrapped around a stick embedded into his shoulder. Blood dripped down his body- tank-top ripped to pieces. His fists had gone raw, nails bleeding with chipped off chunks. His body rose with every breath, but trembled with a painful exhale.

Ullr... Lost?

Looking over her shoulder Selene watched Kusikuy brutally brawling with Argus.

The woman stumbled to her feet and bolted down the path. Her knees felt ready to give out- aching and whimpering with every wobbly stride.

Selene fell to her knees and hastily crawled up to the larger man the moment she got close. The pale woman ran her fingers through his hair and lifted his head to gaze into his eyes.

The far-off look in his deep blue eyes showed that of disappointment and shame. 

New wounds littered his body- randomly strewn about. She stared down at the large stick spiked through his fleshy shoulder.

Before, Argus was as easy to beat as swatting a fly- but now Ullr had been beaten down like a bad dog.

"Shhh, Shhhh..." She'd shush him as he adverted his eyes, "Ease your shame."

How could a Nordic man look his wife in the eyes after losing a battle? He's supposed to be the strongest.

The shattering roar of a Jaguar stole Selene's attention.

Kusikuy ultimately struggled against the unkillable zombie. His body looked weak, but it was as if every blow he took only improved his strength.

Oh, how much easier it'd be if he wasn't a Lycan at all.