Chapter 9 | A Tribe's Hospitality

She politely and softly clapped her hands after the story

"Fuck yeah!" Zisa cheered, "Ullr for the win!"

Aun scoffed, clearly not entertained by his sister's outburst. "Can we speed this up?" He'd grumble, "I've heard this story far too many times."

His sister furrowed her brows, "Have some respect." She spat.

Lily began to think more about Ullr's identity as the twins argued. She was a little jealous of the woman in the story, honestly. Wouldn't it be amazing to be spoiled by the god of the hunt?

"Eir?" She'd request the woman's attention, the twins continuing to mutter insults and sneers. The petite ginger perked with a smile. "Why are the werebears so loyal to the god of the hunt?"Lily asked politely.

Silence echoed throughout the room.

Aun quickly stepped forward, making Lily step back until she was in a corner. "How did you understand that?" He spat lowly.

The poor woman shivered, eyebrows raising and pupils getting smaller. His larger frame enveloped hers, blocking any possible escape. Lily was terrified.

"It- I just- Did?" She whimpered.

Aun grabbed the collar of her winter jacket, "She specifically said werebear in Tutchone." He hissed, "There's no fucking way you understand it."

The smaller frame of Zisa tried pushing him away, "Calm your ass!" She exclaimed, "You're scaring her!"

"That's the fucking point!" He'd yell in her face.

Just as things were about to get worse, the door to the room slowly opened. A tall man stepped in, appearing strong but delicate. 

Everyone eyed him silently, Lily trembling in the corner.

"Pardon the interruption, Fjǫrðr." The man nodded his head respectfully, "I came to fetch the guest."

They kept looking at each other until all eyes landed on the terrified woman. Her lips pursed, eyes widening as she pointed at herself in question. "Yes, you." The man smiled kindly.

"The guest ceremony is ready for you." He explained curtly.

"For me...?" She whispered, completely aghast.

Lily was shocked that so much was being set up just for her. It was truly an honor, really! Her cheeks were completely flushed red.

Zisa quickly stole this moment to push Aun away and hurriedly begin explaining. "We rarely receive guests." She told her, "Especially ones welcomed by the Alpha." It appeared she wasn't censoring herself in their language anymore- since she understood anyway.

"He barely fucking welcomed her." Aun scoffed, his monotone voice breaking through. "All he said was that she can stay."

The twin sister rolled her eyes, "Stop being a bitch for at LEAST a minute."

Clasping her hands together, the pale woman smiled warmly. Though, that feeling of terror still lingered in her heart. "Thank you so much for your hospitality." She melancholically cooed, "It means a lot to me."

The muscular woman patted her shoulder, "I'd barely call Vor and Aun hospitable." 

Of course, the man at the door was still there.

"Go without me." Eir spoke up after not talking for a while, "I have appointments with all the cubs today."

The man smiled, "Not a bother, Lǽknari." He'd say, "You keep the tribe wheels going."

"Thank you, Arngrim." The ginger would say. So that was his name.

As they prepared to leave, she noticed Aun look visibly bothered, or perhaps jealous, of her kind voice toward the stranger.

She didn't know if she should look forward to the ceremony or fear it.