Prologue

A camera is turned on, facing ahead then footsteps and rummaging sounds as whomever is behind the camera is working on something from behind. We can hear footsteps on approach then what seems to sound like a box being carefully slid across the dim room. Then a light comes in as whomever it is opens up the blinds just a bit to let more of the light into the room.

Then he finally takes a seat in front of the camera, the camera seems to be out of focus, then a little movement sets the camera into focus, and when all is done, we find that it’s actually Sid. He seems to be a bit nervous about something as he airs out a nervous sigh. In the background behind him we see clearly an army uniform with his name tag on, “corporal” written on it in bold letters. It has been a year and a half since the events that transpired, till now, Nero and as well as Leo have been missing. Well, Nero is known where he is but the location of his whereabouts are unknown, since his capture by the army.

Sid clears his throat and prepares to talk to the camera facing his direction.

Sid: so… first I’m going to mention to you all, after a year and a half have passed, the media came up with a name to call the people with extraordinary abilities, Reborn is what they named them, on the count of them losing their memories and coming back to life after the events from the year 2012. I don’t know if anyone will be watching this, but if there is someone who eventually finds this recording… I’ Sid, formally known to the underground and deep web In5id1ous, am about to embark on an incredibly dumb mission, which is to take on the army… alone… without any allies or friends to help me out.
In order for you to fully understand what came about this suicide mission, I’m going to have to fill you in on a few minor details of the situation… about a year and a half ago my best friend Emily Vega came to my home in the slums with a couple of mercenaries, namely Nero and his brother Leo, looking for my help to hack my way into Genesis to help find her missing brother Kieran Vega. At first I declined but with how scary the two of them was I had no other choice but to agree with helping them out. Oh, and by the way, the mercenaries are Reborn, they have powers no ordinary human can do. So we travelled together for a while and met up with problems along the path, mainly with the army and the Genesis Security Services (G.S.S.) but lucky for me and Emily we stayed out of sight from their paths, they mainly had their sights on the Reborn duo either than us. We met with an infected young girl named Lilly, who was actually the daughter of the Sergeant who was chasing them, more specifically Leo because he killed off his men. So Leo in an attempt to save the girl’s life, he tried to get her the cure to her infection but met up with problems along the way in the form of another Reborn by the name of Lee… whom unknown to either of them used to be their best friend, unknown because they both have amnesia. They don’t remember anything aside from the fact that they are brothers. I think it’s that way for all Reborn’s… so after Lee and Leo had their fight over the cure, Lee wound up winning the fight, leaving young Lilly to die. But Leo refused to let it go and vowed that he would avenge her passing. Then, we met up with a group, or rather, a family of Reborn in Seraph City, it was there I met the love of my life… Esme.

He keeps to his silence to mourn for her.

Sid: The leader of the group of Reborn, Bryan, took us in cause we had nowhere else to go and introduced us to the rest of the Reborn who also reside in that place.
He even told Leo and Nero to head out in the hideout to find the guru who knows about abilities, because Leo was struggling with his powers, it hurt whenever he attempts to use his abilities. So, the guru told Leo that he was in transition to Ascend, but it had one major cost, if Leo were to Ascend, he would risk having amnesia again. Then Nero, Leo and as well as Emily went out in search of their lost memories, they found tapes from their past at a place they once called home. After a while they came back to the hideout and returned with Kieran Vega, yes, Emily’s older sibling was found roaming around the town they once called home. They came back with a bunch of old tapes.
Then it was later found out that the leader of the Branded, Bryan was also a forgotten friend of Nero and Leo, after watching the tapes that showed them all together… Then… The bodies started to drop, one by one… Esme was one of the victims…

He puts his head down. Then he brings it up again.

Sid: then it happened, one of the Reborn there has the ability to feel other Reborn from a specific distance and found out that there was a Reborn out there being chased by the G.S.S. only to find out that it was actually Lee. Now it goes without mentioning that once Leo heard that it was Lee out there he wasted no time and went rushing out to avenge the fallen Lilly, he went out with Nero and they left the hideout, leaving Kieran to do whatever he was planning. He killed Bryan and severely injured the others, only a few of us made it out alive… then a couple of months later… till this day I don’t know how it truly happened, all I know is that Emily wanted to go and find some answers from her psychopathic brother and went off leaving Nero to run off to fetch her… but it was all too late… Leo succumbed to his Ascension, once Nero arrived they went into a heated battle… leading to Nero being captured by the army and Leo elsewhere… I have no clue where he might be. So it leads me here. I plan to infiltrate the army, find out where they’re keeping my friend and bring him home…. Even if it kills me
Sid: let’s pray that all will be fine and I… we, come out safe from it all, and also find Leo wherever he might be
Sid gets up from his seated position walks up to the camera and switches it off.

It Begins…