11//My Own Little Miracle

I don't really believe in miracles nor angels for that matter which is ironic because I was the one who named my baby sister Angela because she reminded me of a baby angel when I first saw her

But after I met Michael and as I watch him right now with the water spraying up around him and the wind in his face, I start to believe that angels do exist and true to her name Angela is an angel watching over me who brought me upon that shore on Michael's island.

I mean, things don't just happen like that. Out of all people and out of all places I could have landed, I landed right at Michael's front door step.

He's my own little miracle.

But honestly I don't know what I'm supposed to do now, even though I've fallen for him. Hard.

We're supposed to go our separate ways soon; in one hour I'm going to get ahold of a mobile on land and call my father who will either arrange for me to come back to the resort with him if they're still there or hail the jet to Alaska to come get me.

As excited as I am to see my family again and let them see the new me, there is one thing that is bringing my mood down below sea level.

I'm not going to see Michael again.

Maybe he's one of those people that are only supposed to be in my life momentarily and change it forever or he's fated to be the one that got away but if so then the world is playing a cosmic joke on me.

I don't want to leave him, not after I just met him because even though it's been such a short time he's changed me more than anyone has been able to in years and he's grown to mean a lot to me.

But I can't leave my life either as much as I secretly hate it. I'm supposed to be the next owner of the Stavros hotel chain after my father and even though the past week on Michael's island has been a strange paradise to me I'm going to be forced to leave it. I would drop my fame and fortune in a heartbeat if I wasn't overcome by the new desire to prove to everyone that I'm not a spoiled rich brat. I want everyone to see who I really am, the girl that Michael found after so many years and I can't do that if I'm living on an island away from civilization.

"What are you thinking about baby?"

I snap out of my thoughts, focusing back on Michael who's smiling at me from across the boat. No matter how many times I see him smile it's still going to affect me.

"Things are going to change quickly aren't they," I ask scared. As soon as I make that phone call then I'll lose Michael forever.

"Come here," he says gently, opening up one arm while the other is on the motor.

I do as he says and quickly and carefully maneuver myself across the boat. I tumble into Michael, nearly taking us over board before he grabs ahold of my jacket and sets me beside him.

"Woah there," he chuckles, "calm down my little sailor."

"Oh shut up," I laugh and nudge his side with my elbow. He only responds with a kiss to my forehead.