Prologue

Cover by jennadanderson

"Love is never about finding the hand that perfectly fits yours. It's about finding that one person who is willing to hold your hands no matter how unfit it may be."
-unknown

"Xander sweetheart," Aria says softly against her husband's ear.

Xander shakes his head, ridding himself of his thoughts and coming back to the present with his wife. "Oh hello darling," he says with a small smile.

Aria wraps her arms around her husband's shoulders, sharing the view of the New York skyline beyond them. "You were thinking about her again weren't you?"

"I think about her every day," his voice cracks, breaking his wife's heart as well.

"Me too," she whispers.

"I'm just waiting for the day that I can see our little angel again."

Aria pulls away, gaining Xander's attention so he turns in his chair to face her. His arms grab her waist before she can storm away.

"I don't want to hear you say something like that again. It makes me think that you're ready to leave me any day now."

"Baby," Xander coos, "I will never willingly leave you. We're stronger than even the biggest force in this world. We always have been darling."

"Promise me you won't leave me and Alexandria. She needs you. We both do," Aria pleads with tears pooling her eyes. She's already lost too many people in her life, she can't lose the love of her life too, no matter how old they are now.

Xander smiles sadly, his gaze switching to a picture frame of Alexandria on his desk behind Aria. "Sometimes I don't believe that she needs anyone."

"She's only pretending to be strong," Aria says, "you know that. She's broken inside, she has been ever since it happened."

Xander runs a hand over his tired face. "Do you think that we could have saved Alexandria? If we did something different, took her someplace else to heal, tried harder to keep her out of public, raised her the way you were, maybe she wouldn't be who she is now."

"I don't care who she is now," Aria defends, "she is our daughter, that is all that matters."

Xander stands from his chair, gently pushing Aria to the side. "Well I can't sit back and watch my daughter destroy herself! This," Xander yells, holding up a tabloid from this morning of his daughter stumbling out of a nightclub on the arm of her body guard, her dress falling off the shoulder, revealing everything, "is not who Alexandria is! This is a broken hearted girl who doesn't know how to deal with what happened! But I know my daughter is somewhere in there and I'm going to get her back!"

Copyright 2015 booklings21 SAVING ALEXANDRIA

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means, electronic or mechanical, without express permission from the author. All rights for the book cover image go to the rightful owner.