2//Stavros Family Going On a Vay-K

"Only two more hours before we're in the land of the lost," teases Dante.

"We're going to a resort, not the wilderness dummy," comments Enzo.

"I don't get why you two idiots even decided to come," I say, "You realize that this resort will be hell on earth right?"

The private jet jostles through the air, making my glass of champagne shake in its cup. Maybe if I'm lucky the plane will crash into the side of a mountain.

"Um why does any guy ever go somewhere," asks Enzo.

"For hot chicks," finishes his twin brother, earning a high five from him.

I roll my eyes and try not to laugh. "You think they'll be hot girls at the resort?" I snort. "The only hot thing there will be the horse shit."

"Wait seriously," Dante asks, his enthusiasm wearing.

"No dude, horse feces is not hot, it's warm but not hot," answers his brother.

I swear Uncle Marco rammed their heads into a wall when they were babies.

"How did you even graduate?" Dante asks his brother suspiciously.

"What do you mean," Enzo asks innocently.

I roll my eyes and snap. "There are not going to be any hot girls in Alaska. None, zero, di nada, nessuno. You will have blue balls for the indefinite future boys," I say, proud of my rephrasing of my own Dad's words. I sick back into my chair, smirking at the horrified looks on my cousins faces.

"Oh God, oh no," rants Enzo, shaking his head and holding his crotch.

"Damn man," curses Dante, "why did we agree to come on this stupid trip? Alaska isn't even fun!"

"It's all her fault," Enzo glares at me before grabbing his brother and escaping my sight.

Happy with the absence of twiddle-dee and twiddle-dum I close my eyes and try to gain some much needed sleep. Since I'm without my phone or anything entertaining to do I guess I will be reunited with my long lost love: sleep.

It feels as though I only closed my eyes for five seconds before I open them again and see my Dad sitting in the seat across from me.

His laptop is in his lap but his eyes are gazing out the window of the plane where endless clouds are waiting.

"I'm sorry for how I treated you yesterday," he says, his eyes never leaving the open window.

"You owe me a new phone."

He breathes in deeply, his calm obviously fading. "I will get you a new one once the vacation is over."

"You call this a vacation?" I chuckle dryly. "This is hell."

"I am trying Alexandria," he pleads, "please grant me the same courtesy."

"When are you going to figure out that I'm not your little princess anymore? You can't baby me around," I mutter.

"I'm not babying you, I'm trying to protect and help you," he argues.

"Help me what?" I turn to glare at him. "If you say what I think you're going to say than consider me as good as dead as soon as I get off this plane," I threaten.

He sighs and sinks back into his chair. Biting his lip and looking back out the window he says, "When you were younger you used to think that angels lived up in the clouds. And when there were no clouds on a sunny day you told me that that meant that it was a vacation for all angels. They were down on the ground walking beside the people they love."