1//Broken Phone, Broken Family

"Really?" A distant voice swears, waking me from my comatose state. "Again dude?"

I try my hardest to open my eyes but when I does the only thing I can see is my familiar red comforter. I'm too tired to sit up to see who is in my room. Or bed.

"Don't tell her Dad," pleads an unfamiliar voice beside me.

"You have three seconds to get the hell out of this house or you'll have to deal with a lot worse than just her Dad," threatens another voice, this time it's familiar.

"And send in your resignation by tonight," says another familiar voice.

"I'm not quitting," argues the stranger.

"We gave you a warning."

"Which is much more than you deserve."

"She was begging me for it last night! What do you want me to do? Say no?"

"That would be acceptable yes."

"Look, the way my brother and I see it is that either you leave now and keep your dignity and balls or you stay and have your entire life ruined by her father."

"Three seconds man," comments one of the brothers.

I hear rustling beside me followed by some whispered curses before a door is slammed shut.

"Wake up Alexandria," calls her cousin Enzo.

"Come on, we got breakfast in thirty minutes," says Dante, his twin brother.

I turn over so my face is comforted by a soft pillow. "When do I ever go to family breakfast?"

"On the mornings that you wake up next to your bodyguard," says Enzo.

"So?" My voice is muffled by the cloud of softness. Seriously, why aren't mattresses made out of pillows? Why aren't streets made out of pillows?

Dante sighs deeply while letting himself get comfortable on the bed beside me. "We're trying to tell you that you either get your ass up and sobered or we're going to tell Uncle Xander that you slept with your bodyguard in his own house."

"Do it," I grumble. My Dad knows I've done much worse than sleep with my body guard. It's going to take a lot more than that to get me out of bed on a hangover.

"Fine."

"You asked for it."

Suddenly I'm being thrown over Dante's shoulder and carried into my adjacent bathroom.

"Don't do it," I scream, knowing exactly what my little cousins who are somehow twice my size are about to do.

"Too late A." Enzo whistles cheerily while he turns on the shower, turning the knob to cold. Before I can throw a punch I'm being set down under the spray of ice water while my cousins run for their lives.

...

"Well look who's awake," teases Dante as soon as I step into the dining room.

"And you finally showed up to family breakfast," muses my Uncle Marco at one end of the table, next to his wife and two sons.

"Yeah, with no help to the idiots you procreated," I grumble while glaring at my grinning cousins.

"It's good to see you up and about so early this morning," my Mom smiles widely. She lifts her hand to brush my hair back but I pull away in distaste.

"It's eleven, that's hardly morning and it's definitely not considered breakfast time," I object.

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," mumbles Enzo.