8//Holding Guns and Other Things

Please click that vote button right now so you don't forget to at the end because I would appreciate it a lot since I'm entering for the Wattys 2015:)
Also when the chapter ends (if you want to) go and read the rest of it in my book Private Chapters:)

"Why aren't you freaking out right now?"

I snap out of my daze, focusing back on Michael next to him. For the past day, ever since the waterfall when he ran away from me, I've been in my own mind thinking of Michael more than I've been in the real world. "Why would I be freaking out?"

"I don't know," he tries to shrug which is hard considering he's laying down on his stomach against a nice patch of grass, one of the only parts on this island. "But this doesn't seem like the type of thing that girls like you are okay with."

I suppose so, I mean I've never picked up a gun before, not even a pellet gun. And here I am, lying next to Michael with the sun beating down on us on one of the few warm days here, waiting for an animal to cross into the clearing below so he can sell more meat back in town.

I've learned that this island is a lot bigger than I originally thought, hence why there's animals here. Apparently the state of Alaska owns most of it and it's opened for anyone to come and hunt for food but Michael is the only one to have actually bought a piece of the land and have built a home on it. So he's not fully off the grid which lets me know he's not a wanted criminal.

I don't think it would've made a difference though.

I raise a brow. "And what type of girl do you think I am exactly?"

He licks his lips, his eyes trained on my own, something he's been doing a lot lately. I know he's been dying to kiss me ever since yesterday and I've been waiting for him to do so, although I do love seeing him torture himself.

"A spoiled rich girl probably? Has never worked a day in her life. Hates the outdoors. Bosses people around twenty four seven?"

"Wow," I say stunned, "You're actually spot on." Fear starts to settle in my gut when I think that he might know who I really am. But I really don't want him to for some reason. Since I came here Michael and I have been nicer to each other and I can't ignore the rope that is trying to pull us together, but I can control it for the time being I hope. Usually I would seduce him until I got what I wanted but Michael, I don't know, he doesn't seem like all the other guys I've been with. I find myself laughing at his jokes, smiling at his smiles, admiring not just his body but how he talks, walks, and holds himself as a person.

Hell last night I had the best sleep I've had in years and I think it's because I was wrapped up in his arms. I know he felt it too because he held me and ran his fingers up and down my arm for hours this morning when he thought I was asleep, even though he should have been awake and starting on his chores.

Last night after we finished the base for the shed we had dinner which he forced me to eat. He noticed that I haven't been eating since I came here and he gave me a long lecture about why I should eat or else he would make me sleep outside. He never asked me why I wasn't eating or if it was normal for me just that he would shove the food down my throat himself if I didn't.

I don't think I've ever met somebody so intelligent, not in an educational way but in a moral way. Still I think he might have been a lawyer back on land because I have yet to win an argument with him which is a first for me.

"It wasn't hard," he whispers, "you gave it away the first day I met you." His smile is lopsided and perfected with dimples. I find myself smiling back at him just because his smile is so contagious.

"But do you still think I'm the same girl?" I know he'll say no.

He runs his eyes down my silhouette, his head slowly shaking back and forth. "Not at all." His smile fades and his eyes shift but before I can figure out what he's thinking there's a bird cry from above.

We look up, the first animal we've seen in hours. I didn't think I would be so happy.

"Well are you going to shoot?" I ask Michael after we watch the bird fly in circles for a long minute.

"How about you try?"

"Wait," he places the rifle in front of me, "What?"

He laughs, his body vibrating against the side of mine. I don't think we have to be this close together to hunt but over the past two hours of laying here we somehow got closer together until our sides were pressed up against each other. I didn't want to say anything about it.

"Just try it. Here, I'll teach you."

I watch in silent panic as his arms wrap around my shoulder to put the gun in place. He lifts my hands and puts them on the right spots of the rifle. "The safety is on right now, that's this switch here. Now when you shoot the gun will come back at you so don't press you're eye too close against it."

"Like this," I ask, all to conscious of his chest pressed to my back from behind.

"Perfect," he whispers in my eyes. "Now plant your elbows, make sure they're steady on the ground."

"I can't do this Michael. I'm too shaky," I whine.

"Everyone is shaky when they're shooting. You just have to use it to your advantage. Now take off the safety."

I do as he says.

"Put your finger on the trigger gently. Only the top part of it, not the whole pad." He covers my finger with his own, his hand blanketing mine. He licks his lips and his chest heaves against my back. "Imagine somebody running their fingers down your body slowly, sending your whole body on fire." I swallow. Gosh I can't handle this. Now when he's so close and his voice is so sexy and deep. "Slow and gentle," he says huskily into my ear. I can tell this is affecting him too. I can feel it pressed against the back of my thigh. "Make it more of a soft caress."

"You do realize that I have a loaded gun right?"

"Shoot," he whispers into my ear.

I don't why I did it, maybe because he told me to but I did it without a second thought.

All it did was scare off any wildlife for miles, including the bird which flew off instantly.

Luckily the gun didn't come back to hit me in the face but I think I have Michael to thank for that since he was practically the one holding the gun up. I just pulled the trigger.

But I still felt the jolt of the bullet exiting the barrel, of the sound penetrating my ears. It instantly sends my heart racing beyond control and I can feel the wile beast part of me come up.

I flip over on my back after I turn on the safety and shove the gun to the side. I stare into Michael's bedroom eyes for only a second before he dips down and our lips crash together.

I don't think I've ever tasted something so sweet as his lips or craved something as much as his touches. But he's like a drug, once I had it once I couldn't get enough.

I think it's pretty obvious that Michael hasn't had a woman's love in a long time because his tongue, lips, and hands, run over my entire body and grips and pulls at my clothing until I'm laying naked beneath him.

...
If you would like to read the Rated-R part where things get steamy ;) then head on over to my page, follow me if you aren't already and add the book Private Chapters and go to the Chapter Saving Alexandria Ch. 8

I hope you enjoy and please read at your own risk! I'm not responsible for who and who doesn't read it and what age they are.

Anyways I love you all and don't forget to VOTE! It will make me very happy because I'm putting this book as well as Blackmail Aria and This Love and As Cold As Ice into the Wattys for 2015!