23: The House With The Red Door

Twenty-three: The House With A Red Door

!!!

El had brought the two other girls into the pool's shower area. The plan was for El to find Heather in the void, and see if there's anything wrong. Max turned every shower on to create the right sound for El while Y/n wrapped a pair of goggles in duct tape to act as a blindfold. Once she finished, she gave El the goggles she put them on. The other two girls watched in silence as Max sat on El's right, and Y/n on her left.

Over time, as they waited for their superpowered friend, Max kept finding herself glancing up at Y/n, it going unnoticed to the other girl. It genuinely puzzled Max how someone as beautiful as Y/n could exist.

The redhead was snapped out of her head when El spoke up. "There's... A door. A red door."

El stayed silent for a bit before quickly taking the goggles off in a panic, reaching around for the other girls, hyperventilating.

"El, what happened!?"

"What is it?!"

The girl didn't respond, she just panted, grabbing Y/n's hand in hopes to find comfort. After they let her call down, Max and Y/n tried to ask what happened. She said when she opened the door, there was a bathtub, and Heather was in it. She said Heather was scared, and was screaming for someone to help her, but when she tried to help, she disappeared. Considering Y/n was starting to believe El more, that scared her. It scared her a lot. What if the Shadow Monster was back? The girl shuddered at the thought before biking to catch up with the other girls.

!!!

El had taken the girls to a house. When they approached the house, they all noticed it had a red door. This was the house El saw.

"Is this the house?" Max asked the brunette, to which she nodded. They walked up to the door and knocked, but when they got no reply, El opened it with her powers. The door slowly creeped open, not revealing anything unusual. It was just a house. Despite the normal look of the home, the trio went inside. They sauntered down the hall, observing family pictures in which Heather was pretty much the center of attention. "This is her house." Max quietly told them, causing them to all look at the redhead. "Heather."

They continued down the hall, following the sound of music. The three girls turned the corner to see Billy. Not just Billy, Billy with Heather's parents. The adults laughter stopped and their smiles faltered when they saw the trio standing there, dripping rain water. Not Billy, though. He had an unsettling smile plastered on his face that they could all see right through. Even Max, she just wouldn't admit it. Billy looked up at the three girls. "Max." He said, the smile still stuck on his face. "We didn't mean to barge in... We tried to knock, but maybe you didn't hear us over the storm." Max explained. "Sorry." Y/n added, looking between everyone in front of them.

"Sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room?" Heather's dad asked. Billy laughed, it was so fake, it was disturbing. "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this... Is my sister Maxine." Billy introduced, sauntering towards the three girls. Y/n gently grabbed Max's arm, pulling her closer protectively. "And this is her friend, Y/n." He said, gesturing to Y/n. There was a look of hatred behind the smile when he introduced
Y/n. "What on Earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Billy asked, looking mainly at Max. It was as if he avoided the sight of Y/n.

"Where is she?" El said bluntly, cutting to the point. "I'm sorry, where is who?" Billy asked. Before El could respond, a girl entered the room with a tray. As if on cue, it was Heather. "Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry-" she started before Billy cut her off. "Heather! Now, I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name." Billy said, turning back to El.

"El." The brunette replied coldly.

"El." Billy repeated.

"Now, what is it that you're saying, El? You said you were looking for someone?"

El started stammering, confused that the girl she saw Billy hurting in the void was now in front of them, perfectly fine. "I. . . I saw-"
"Your manager. At the pool." Max interrupted. "He said you guys didn't come into work today, so we got worried."

"Yeah, a- and Billy wasn't at their house, so we came here next." Y/n added, gesturing to Max and trying her best to not seem nervous.

"Heather wasn't feeling too hot, so we took the day off to nurse her back to health. But she's feeling just fine now. Aren't you, Heather?"

"I feel so much better. Would you girls like a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven." Heather offered. The trio politely declined, but Heather pushed. "You sure? They're delicious."

"Uh- I'm allergic to gluten."
Y/n lied with a polite and apologetic smile, thinking well on her feet. "We really have to get home." Max told them. Billy escorted the girls to the front door, Y/n keeping Max close.

Once they were out the door, they wasted no time before getting on their bikes, deciding to head to Y/n's house.

Those cookies smelled really good though.

a/n:

Hey! So, sorry if this chapter was boring, but what I have upcoming will make up for it... >:) I don't know what to do for season four, though... We'll see.

948 words.