12: The One Before The Snow Ball

Twelve: The One Before The Snow Ball

!!!

Y/n's mind was so occupied on Steve getting beaten up, which was why she hadn't really focused on the glass shards in her back. But now that the storm had passed, she noticed it again.

She winced as the pain suddenly jolted through her back.

"Hold on. C'mon, Y/n." Max quickly offered to help Y/n once she realized the girl was in pain. The redhead grabbed Y/n's hand, and led her to the bathroom.

"'Kay lemme see." Max took the girl's jacket off, and watched blood seep through her shirt. "Oh, shit."

Y/n walked over to the mirror and faced away from it, turning her head to look at the cuts all over her back. "Shit."

"Sit still." Max told the girl as she lifted the back of her shirt to pull out the glass shards. Once she finished, she opened the cabinet doors below the sink to grab rubbing alcohol, and then ripped some toilet paper off the roll. "Right, this is probably gonna sting." Max warned.

"Yeah, I know."

Max gently placed the alcohol-soaked toilet paper on one of Y/n's cuts, and Y/n jumped a bit.

"Sorry." Max quietly apologized.

"It's fine."

When they finished, they left the bathroom and found themselves looking at the boys carrying the knocked out Steve.

Y/n already knew where they were going with this. "Absolutely not."

"C'mon, please Y/n! He'll be fine!" Dustin begged.

"No! He's gonna freak, and-"

"Please!"

Y/n paused. "Fine. You're dealing with him, though. You have to try to squeeze him in the back with the three of you."

"Who says you get shotgun!?" Dustin wondered.

"I did." Max butted in.

Dustin sighed and helped Lucas and Mike lug the unconscious Steve through the door and into the car.

Y/n looked at Max. "He's gonna flip."

The redhead nodded her head, pursed her lips, and raised her eyebrows all at once in agreement before the two girls followed the rest of the group out of the front door, shutting it behind them.

!!!

"Okay, so... Straight for half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Y/n instructed Max.

"Nancy?" Y/n heard from behind her. Steve had woken up.

She turned back to look to Steve. He reached for the wound on his face, leading to Dustin stopping him. "No, don't touch it."

"Hey, buddy. It's okay, you put up a good fight. He kicked your ass but you put up a good fight."

Y/n scoffed and rolled her eyes at Dustin reminding Steve about the fight he lost.