38: No Repercussions

Thirty-eight: No Repercussions

!!!

"It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you!" Y/n dramatically sang along with the radio.

Over time, Max had distanced herself from the party. She still spoke to them - definitely not as much, but sometimes.

The only person she stayed close to was Y/n. The two were still dating, Y/n being Max's anchor. When things got difficult, Y/n steadied her. She was the only thing that could help. The only exception to Max's negativity.

"There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do!" The girl continued, even more exaggeratedly - if that was even possible - as she now dropped to her knees and clutched her chest as if it hurt to sing.

Max playfully rolled her eyes. "Are you done? I need the brush-"

Y/n held up a finger to stop Max as she interrupted her. "I bless the rains down in Africa!"

The redhead rolled her eyes again, standing up and turning down the radio. She walked over to Y/n - who was still on the floor - and reached a hand out for the hairbrush that the girl used as a microphone.

Y/n handed Max the brush before standing up, humming along to the song that still played, just quieter than before.

Max spoke up. "How do you have so much energy? It's like, seven in the morning."

Y/n shrugged. "I'm happy. One more day, and we get the week to ourselves," she said before walking over to Max. She took her girlfriend's hand and twirled her, and the two made eye contact for a few seconds before leaning in for a kiss.

When they pulled away, Y/n stared into Max's eyes, making eye contact again. "I'm so glad I met you," she smiled. Max smiled back. It was a smile full of nothing but love and pure joy. "I'm glad I met you, too."

That was when the couple heard a car horn outside, and knew that Steve was there to take them and Robin to school.

They moved away from each other, and Y/n grabbed her bag, which sat on the ground, leant against the wall. They left Max's room and made their way towards the front door, picking up empty beer cans and throwing them in the trash on the way. Y/n opened the front door for Max, and the redhead picked up her backpack and skateboard before walking through the door as she muttered a "Thanks."

Y/n followed her out the door and to Steve's car. Y/n opened the car door for her girlfriend, similarly to how she did before, and Max - as usual - thanked the girl as she got into the car. Y/n followed her into the vehicle, and Robin immediately started teasing. "Opening the door for her, Y/l/n?" She asked as Y/n shut her car door.

"Yes, Robin, it's nothing new."

Robin smirked and turned back to face the front, looking into the mirror as she continued her makeup.

As Y/n and Max put on their seatbelts, Steve spoke, picking up whatever conversation him and Robin were having before the younger girls entered the car.

"And then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college, so it's like, do I really want another relationship that has no point other than sex?"