15: Guess Who's Back

Fifteen: Guess Who's Back

!!!

Dustin had finally returned.

Dustin was at his Summer camp for the last month, and none of the party has seen him. But today, Dustin finally gets home.

Y/n had thought of a great idea to welcome the boy home. The group was going to ignore his calls since Y/n knew he'd be repeatedly trying to reach out to them, then El would use her powers to distract Dustin while they sneaked behind with a banner and party poppers.

Y/n told the others the plan, getting them to agree. Once they did, they ran it by Dustin's mom, who gave them the okay. So when they got a call from Dustin, they immediately biked to his house. They hid their bikes behind the house, and unlocked the door with the spare key Dustin's mom had left them.

They made their way inside, and went into his room. After seeing all the knickknacks and toys, Y/n told them the more detailed game plan.

"Okay, so... Y/n started, leading everyone to look at her. "We're gonna hide behind..." Y/n continued, walking back out to the living room. "This wall." She instructed, pointing at the wall separating the living room and the rest of the house. Everyone nodded.

"And then, El," She started back up, leading everyone back to Dustin's room. "Can you make a bunch of these toys move?" She asked the brunette. El nodded, and Y/n continued. "Okay, so you're gonna make him think they're alive. Have them make sound, y'know, just freak him out." Y/n instructed before walking back out to the living room, around the other side of the wall, the side where they wouldn't be hiding. "Okay, make them all lead Dustin over here. Then, shut the toys off to confuse him a little more. His back will be turned, and we can sneak behind him. Max will count us down, and we'll give Dustin the best welcome ever!"

The group all looked at each other, smiled and nodded.

Y/n held two thumbs up. "Capiche?"

They all gave an understanding nod.

"Yeah."

"Yup."

"'Kay."

"Got it."

They heard a car pull up in the driveway, and Y/n peeked through the blinds to see who it was. It was Dustin and his Mom. "He's here. C'mon, let's go!" Y/n hustled everyone.

They all hid as Dustin made his way into his room. Y/n quietly sighed in relief when Dustin shut his room door.

Y/n looked over at El and nodded, signaling her to put the plan in action. El closed her eyes, and soon enough, the group could hear the ruckus.

When Dustin made his way back to the living room, Y/n's hand found Max's, and their fingers interlocked.

Mike had El shut the toys off, and Dustin walked closer to the distractions.

While his back was turned, the kids snuck behind him, Lucas holding a big sign that read: 'Welcome Home Dustin!!!' In big letters.

Max held up three fingers, and put them down on by one as everyone read her lips.

She mouthed:

"Three...

Two...

One."

At that, everyone blew their sound makers and cheered.

Unfortunately, Dustin was carrying his Farah Fawcett spray, and sprayed it directly in Lucas's eyes.

!!!

After Dustin frantically apologized and said hello to everyone, Lucas went with Max and Y/n to go rinse the spray out of his eyes.

"Better?" Max asked Lucas as he lifted his head up from under the running sink water.

"Still stings." He replied before pausing. "Is that a new zit?" He questioned, pointing to Max's forehead.

Max and Y/n looked at each other in disbelief with identical incredulous looks.

"What is wrong with you?" Max rhetorically asked in a stern tone before dunking Lucas's head back under the faucet.

"I was just aski-" Lucas tried to defend, but interrupted himself by screaming in pain. Y/n joined Max in holding Lucas's head under the water, but they got distracted when the rest of the group walked out of the room and through the front door.

"Where are you guys going?" Y/n asked the bunch, saying what Max and Lucas were thinking.

"Where going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend." Will informed the trio.

Lucas lifted his head from under the sink and the three repeated what they just heard. "Girlfriend?"

Y/n and Max glanced at each other with the same look; a mixture of confusion, shock, and a smile before following them outside.

a/n:

Sup, dawgs?

I know this chapter is kinda boring, sorry.

I might write another chapter today, but I have stuff to do, so I have to do those things first :/.

I promise you, there's more Max and Y/n moments coming up in like 2 chapters, so, today or tomorrow.

okay bye simps.

815 words.