21: We Make Our Own Rules

Twenty-one: We Make Our Own Rules

!!!

El had the idea that she could keep spying on different people, which Y/n was kind of hesitant about, because she didn't want to wear out El. But, after El insisting that she'd be okay, Y/n caved.

Then, Max suggested adding a little spin to this newfound game of theirs. "Maybe we could do, like, spin the bottle."

Y/n's face heated up at those words. She tried her best to maintain a normal, y'know, not absolutely panicked face.

"Like, we could write names, put them on a board, and spin a bottle. Whatever name it lands on, you spy on that person." The redhead finished, leading Y/n to release a breath of relief.

El nodded at the idea, and both girls turned to Y/n.

"I don't know." Y/n said in worry for her friend.

"Come on, please? It'll be fun, she knows her limits!" Max argued, pulling Y/n's shoulder. Y/n looked into Max's eyes and immediately gave in. "Fine." She folded, leading Max to cheer and El to smile. "El, don't push yourself, okay?" She told the brunette, to which El nodded.

!!!

Max finished writing the last name as the other two girls watched. "You ready?" She asked, earning a nod from both other girls before she spun the bottle. It spun a few circles before slowing down and landing on Mr. Wheeler.

"Mr. Wheeler" all three girls read aloud in unison. Y/n threw her head back in boredom at the mention of spying on him. "Ugh, boring." Max said. "Yeah, boring." El agreed with a smile. "Spin again." Max told the brunette. El reached for the bottle before pausing. "Against the rules?"

"We make our own rules."

El smiled and spun the bottle. It spun for a bit, circling around each name before coming to a stop. They all read the name it landed on aloud. "Billy."

Max glanced at the other two girls, Y/n slightly shaking her head when Max looked at her. "Okay, look. If he's with a with a girl or doing something gross, just get out of there before you're scarred for life." The redhead warned, getting the radio. "Ew! Max!" Y/n cringed. "I'm serious! He's really gross!"
"Max!" El stopped the girl.

"Okay, shutting up now."

Max turned the radio to static, and El tied the blindfold around her head. "I'm scared. She's gonna get traumatized." Y/n whispered to Max. "Was it a bad idea to put his name on the board?" Max asked, also in a whisper. "Yes!" Y/n whisper-yelled, while aggressively nodding, leading them to both erupt into a quiet laughter, falling into each other.

They waited a bit before El said, "I found him."

"What's he doing?"

"He's... On the floor... Talking to someone."

"Oh my gosh he's gonna scar her." Y/n quietly said to Max.

After a little longer of silence from El, her breathing heavied.

"What's wrong? El?" Y/n asked, worrying for the girl.

El didn't respond, she just quickly yanked the blindfold off of her face, her nose dripping with blood, and her eyes widened. She was scared. Horrified.

!!!

After El explained what happened, which was that Billy was hurting a girl, and she was screaming, - which Max and Y/n both thought they knew what it was - they decided to call it a night and go to sleep. Y/n fell asleep facing Max, with her arm around the redhead's waist. Y/n's face was buried into Max's shoulder, with her right leg on top of Max's left leg, and her left leg resting behind her right. Max's head rested over Y/n's head, and El was facing Max's back with her arm over the redhead.

!!!

They woke up the next morning, Max and Y/n wanting to skateboard, or sneak into the movies, or get ice cream, or something like that, but El insisted they explore more into what happened with Billy. Not wanting to disregard their friend's thought, they agreed and went to Max's house to look into it.

They left before Hopper woke up, leaving a note informing him El was sleeping over at Max's.

On the walk there, the sky became grey. "It's gonna start pouring soon." Max spoke up. "We should be at the mall, or watching a movie or something."

"You don't believe me?" El asked the girl.

"No, we believe you, it's just- we think you're mistaking what you saw for something else." Y/n explained to the girl.

"But the screams." El pointed out.

"Yeah, but-" Max started up. "When Billy is alone with a girl, they make like, really crazy noises."

"They scream?"

"Yeah, but like, happy screams."

"Max!"

"Happy screams? What is happy screams?"

"Max, what have you done?" Y/n chuckled a bit into her words.

"I'm just gonna- lend you my mom's cosmo." The redhead told El.

"DO NOT do that. It- I'll explain it later." Y/n told the brunette with a sigh.

They kept walking, and Max didn't realize El and Y/n slowly trailing behind. "What is crush?" El quietly asked Y/n. "Uh, a crush?" Y/n clarified, curious as to why she asked the sudden question. El nodded. "Oh, uh... A crush is someone that- your heart, a- and your mind likes. Someone you like, but more than a friend. Like for example, how you felt about Mike when you guys first met. You didn't know him well enough to love him yet, but you had a crush on him." Y/n explained, trying to find a way El would understand. "Oh." El quietly said. "Do you..." El started to say, but hesitated. "Do I... What?" Y/n asked, a little scared of what El might say next. "Do you have a crush on Max?" She asked quietly. Y/n was caught off guard by the question, "What?"

"Do you... Love her?"

"I..." Y/n looked ahead of her at the redhead.

"Yeah."

"Don't you think it's against the rules, though?" Y/n asked the brunette.

El looked at the girl. "We make our own rules."

a/n:

Wowee wow wow what a cute ending. Aren't you happy?

Okay, so, I think I'm gonna start my new Max fic (fem) (check my announcement board) today, it'll probably be better writing in the beginning than this was, and it'll have an OC, so lmk any OC/story name ideas that you have! I'm going to let the new one out once I finish this one, though. Thank you for reading, bye!

1105 words.