1: MADMAX

One: MADMAX

!!!

It was a cool October night. Y/n was scrounging around for change. She was going out for a night at the arcade with her best friends, Will, Lucas, Dustin, and Mike. She was the only girl of the group, but she didn't care. She kind of liked being the only girl. While she looked for quarters, she heard Lucas and Dustin talking over the walkie about how much change they got.

"UGH!!!" Y/n shouted.

"What's wrong Y/n?" Her mom asked her from the kitchen. She had been cleaning up after dinner.

"I'm looking for change."

"For what?"

"I'm going to the arcade with the party." She explained, still looking anywhere for just a couple more quarters.

"How much do you need?"

"Just at least four quarters"

"I can give you four quarters."

"Really?"

"Yeah, just take like a dollar-fifty."

She took six quarters from her moms change jar and stuffed them in her pocket.

"Thanks mom!" Y/n said, running out the door.

"You're welcome, I love you!" Her mom shouted. "Hey, check on Will for me!" She added.

"I will!" Y/n said, hopping on her bike before riding away.

On the way to the arcade, Y/n heard a voice through her walkie. It was Dustin.

"Y/n do you copy? Y/n?"

Y/n pulled her walkie out of her bag, still biking. "Yeah, I copy."

"What's your haul?"

"A dollar-fifty. You?" Y/n replied.

"Four quarters."

"Four?" Y/n repeated with a small chuckle.

"Son of a bitch, you have two more than I do. Ok, asshole?" Dustin pointed out.

Y/n chuckled before asking, "Have you called the others?"

"Yeah, Lucas has five bucks, and Mike 'doesn't know yet.' "

"Seriously? Okay, what about Will?" Y/n asked.

"Three bucks."

"Ok, that's good. See you there. Over and out." Y/n said before putting her walkie back in her bag and pedaling faster. She got to the arcade first. She went in to play Pac-Man as she waited for her friends. She played for around 5 minutes until she heard Dustin, Mike, and Lucas arrive outside.

After greeting her friends, Y/n saw Will pull up in his mom's car.

"Will!" Y/n ran up to hug him. Y/n was best friends with the whole party, but she always felt a particular connection with Will. She was never sure why.

"My mom wanted to know how you were doing." Y/n informed him.

"I'm good." Will told Y/n.

"Good." She said with a smile, wrapping on arm around Will as they walked into the arcade.

"Come on." Dustin immediately said as he ran over to 'Dragon's Lair'.

"Ready for me to beat your high score?" Dustin rhetorically asked Lucas.

"Yeah, right. Good luck." Lucas said, smirking.

"Just shut up and play!" Y/n told them, annoyed.

The party screamed at Dustin as he played. "GO! GO! GO!" "NOW! NOW! NOW!"