Chapter 27: Evy's a bit Cranky

The banging on the door continued. Giving Evelyn an instant headache. Her hands covering her mouth slid to hold her head. The crawling feeling at the base of her skull was back.

"No no no." She whispered.

"HOLD ON A DAMN MINUTE!" Goose roared at the door.

"Stop stop stop." She whispered to her, her eyes were closed and she had hunched over.

"Happy thoughts, Kitten." She heard Goose's deep voice through the whispering voice.

"Newt... Chuck... Minho... Nick... Sonny... Jeff... Frypan... Tommy... Gally... Alby... Clint... Tessa... Sonya... Jorge... Jaz... Winston... George and Jack..."

She repeated their names, over and over, rocking back and forth. While she did that Goose slowly got up and went to the door. He wrenched it open.

"What?" He snarled.

This idiot interrupted them. He had mixed feelings about it. On one hand he knew her heart was in the hands of another... But she kept saying he wasn't infected and he was going to some safe zone. He didn't really need her full heart... just a companion for each other while they both go crazy. Though there was something about her that made the crank in him slow down and become easier to handle. She made him feel more human, more in control.

"Goose? Boss?"

"What?!" He yelled again.

"I told you..what do you want me to do?"

"What? What did you tell me? Have you talked to Switch Blade?"

"Uhhh Flower said he's on The Bliss and to come talk to you."

"Dammit." Goose muttered. Switch was slowly turning into a junkie. With a growl he ran a hand through his hair. "What did you say?"

"Someone spotted that gang leader Horhey close by, a large group was with him. Also someone said they had eyes on that Thomas kid from the plaques around the city. He's alone with some girl."

Goose growled. "Fine. Keep watch for now. If something changes come find me."

The guy left. Goose closed the door and turned around. Evelyn was standing in the middle of the room, staring at him.

"Kitten?"

"That's what you wanted wasn't it?"

"Enlighten me. What did I want?"

She took a step forward, she was little, but he saw the wildness in her eyes. The crank had won at the moment.

"You kidnapped me. Holding me hostage to lour Jorge's gang here... you knew my friends were with him! You want to take over his gang and territory... you're going to kill my friends!" She yelled at him.

He growled to himself. She had heard the conversation. He actually had no idea that she had a connection to Horhey's gang until this morning. Same with that Thomas kid. Might make it all easier...or a lot harder. She had stormed up to him while she was yelling.

"No."

"No?" She whispered, but it was so twisted and malevolent, like she dared him to repeat it. Took another step closer, she was now in his personal space.

"You heard me Kitten." His voice had also taken on an edge.

She shoved him. She was so little it didn't do much, but he stepped back anyways. She pushed him in the chest again, her face twisted in anger.

"Don't lie to me! Don't! Lie to me!"

He was backed into the door. He could easily lift this little kitten up with one arm and hold her while she struggled. But instead he let him pin him to the door. He couldn't hold the ammusment in anymore. A crooked smirk showed on his face.