Author's Notes

We're back! Evelyn and Newt's story isn't over! And the trauma train is starting up its engines! Buckle up my lovely Shanks!

**Started writing book 2 on Dec 19/23
___________________________________________

Thank you to everyone who patiently waited for book 1- this one might take a bit longer to write, can't promise 3 full chapters a day!

I have loved writing a twist to this one. It's Maze Runner with Rapunzel vibes mixed into the story. I hope you picked up on those nuances. (That one chapter in book one...of Evelyn's reverse powers was inspired by Percy Jackson and The House of Hades- when he uses his power to choke the goddess of Misery and poison.)

Oh what kind of twists and turns can I throw into this story?

**Right now this is book 2, but it might morph into a combination of Scorch Trials and Death We'll see how it goes!**

____________________

So recap of the end of The Healer:

Evelyn and Newt are the cutest shucken couple ever. -it was WICKED chip mind control that made him all stupid when Tommy Boy showed up...cuz VARIABLES. Gally went bonkers and threw himself at the Griever's, Alby was dropped and went with the Gladers into the Maze.

Alby sacrificed himself...but didn't work. Evelyn was smacked around, got a horrible concussion- Sonny and Nick save her life. Sonny almost dies but Evy is like NOT TODAY! And saves his life.

WICKEDs body count is more than 20, including Gally, Alby and Jeff. Alby and Gally weren't actually dead, (so does that also mean Jeff isn't dead..?) They were being controlled by WICKED. Gally threw the knife at my baby boy Chucky. Alby pinned Evelyn down so she couldn't help save him.

Minho threw a spear at Gally...Thomas beat the klunk out of Alby and left for dead. (but are they REALLY?)

Something broke inside Evelyn and she reversed her powers and sucked the literal life out if the WICKED woman. (Ha, no pun intended!)

They were rescued (but we're they...? Were they...?) And Evelyn was told a bit about her past. The Gladers learnt what WICKED is and the Flare.

Also...guys...MY GIRL TERESA IS GOOD! NO HATING ON HER- I know you all love Minho and get super jealous...but my girl Tessa is good in my story (unlike in Complicated ..she be a real shanky piece of work ..though she redeems herself. Anyways!) WICKED, Janson- AKA RatMan - and Ava...they are the bad guys!

______________________

Character Recap!

All names with * are my own names