Page 14 : As I hold your hand

Angel squints her eyes feeling Rei's cheek against hers. Angel was gradually sipping her iced caramel coffee and Rei was sticking super close to her. Angel smiled finding her gestures cute, it was childlike and somewhat Angel knew the woman was asking to be babied. Angel's free hand wandered on Rei's cheek, gently giving little pats and she hummed. It was a very non crowded day in the cat cafe. The cats gently purring and moewing as they intake their food. Half of the staff were sleeping on one of the costumer tables. The others basically killed time by smoking outside or playing online games to entire themselves.

Angel and Rei are sitting close to each other on the far table, the cats hogging close to them especially Angel's most favourite cat that she named after Rei.

The sun was high up, the blinds of the cafe had the sun rays seep through there. The afternoon glow, the heat and the hues of flying rays of gold from the sun made the white colored walls appear to have darker hues, the shadows danced as the minimal blow of air made the rest of the feather light weight objects move.

"Bakit?" Angel raised her brows and her voice was slightly toned down, her usual husky tone was now sweet and almost whispering as she speaks to Rei.

"Wala lang." Rei clears her throat and looked away, a faint blush was across her cheeks and Angel smiles seeing Rei in this side she was not expecting to see a little.

"Date tayo?" Rei says and somewhat trying to nudge onto Angel's shoulder.

Angel lets out a taunting smile, teasing the woman and she raised her brows at her. "Nag papababy ka lang eh." Rei paused hearing Angel's statement, her mouth gaped open at the words she had heard.

"Hoy di ah, fake news to." Rei puffed her cheeks a little as she mumbled her response to Angel. Her head turned, looking away from Angel and Angel just pursed her mouth not wanting to laugh knowing Rei sulks quite easily. She knows, it was a struggle but she got a hang of it. Romancing the woman and giving kisses to ease down the heat.

Angel softly laughs before she touched the woman's forehead, patting her as Angel stands up."Joke lang, sige na. Tara na." Rei looked away, slightly pouting and giving attitude to the younger one.

"Tayo na." Angel nudged the woman's shoulder.

"Tayo na?" Rei looks at her and had the biggest smile up on her face.

"Tayo naman talaga." Angel squints her eyes giving the woman a quick fact check, it has beem nearly a month since the two of them are officially dating one another. It took a lot of people to help them convey each other's feelings and it had somewhat worked out.

After their intimacy that time, they knew giving into each other's romance and touch was something. It was not somwething friends should be do, not even persons with no certain label on relationships. Angel and Rei both wanted to advance, they knew after getting a taste they won't be sticking into something they were back then. They was no going back since they crossed the line.

Crossing the line of what lovers can be only be doing.

"Oo nga, alam ko." Wika ni Rei at ngiti ng ngiti.

"Yabang yabang oh." Hindi mapigilan ni Angel na matawa sa kung gaano ka loko ang pagmumukha ng kanyang nobya habang nakipaghawak kamay ito sakanya at dahan-dahan silang naglakad.

"Ang init init ng panahon, tapos dito kayo maglalampungan." Naningkit ang mga mata ni Dashiell habang winawagayway ang isang panyo tila ginagawang pampaginaw sa mainit na panahon. Nakatingin ang babae sakanila at mapangasar na naglabas si Rei ng kanyang dila habang dahan dahan silang umalis.

"On mo 'yong aircon." Sagot ni Rei sa kaibigan at nanlaki ang mata ni Dashiel, nag aasaran na naman at tila naging sanay nalang si Angel kung gaano ka puno palagi ng enerhiya ng nobya, nalalabas niya lahat ng emosyon niya araw-araw.

"Aba't-" Dashiel was about to move when Rei held Angel's arm, dragging her lover out of the cafe and Rei was happily running out with Angel. Both of them was panting afterwards when they were by the bus stop and Angel ended up gently hitting the woman's head for the bold movement and Rei just laughed at it.

They basically dated and went to some malls, played some arcade games in which Rei had won all. Angel was just there, cheering on her lover, playing with Rei but of course Reu had more skills than Angel which was an easy win. They went to some snack corners and took pictures everywhere where they think is nice.

They strolled at the depths of the night, they were walking by the sea side. The moon was up, the sea was shimmering from how it looked up to the moon up above the blue sky. The lights of the boat and barge light up, the roads were slightly busy, big sky scapers and buildings was in various colors. The billboard of manila was big enough, Angel and Rei were holding hands as they walked. The streetlights illuminating them. The stars gazed down at the lovers.

Angel saw her lover's uncomfortable stance as some people that passed them by were giving them some concerning looks. Angel clasped onto her lovers hand more and Rei looks at her softly.

"This is about us, hindi po sila kasali." Angel sternly says as she gives her lover the word of assurance. As much as she hated the stares, it didn't mean she will let go of Rei's hand just so it'll be comfortable in the eyes of others. Angel would let everybody feel uncomfy looking at them as long as Rei would be happy. She will hold onto the woman's hand and never let go, even if there were obstacles to face and people to look back at.

Rei took the deepest of breath as she walks and clasped onto Angel's hand tighter before she smiles at Angel. Their was a pure light on Angel's face. She knows who to look at. She knows who she has to look for in the dark, her Angel. "Opo. Tayo lang." Rei said and hummed happily.

Angel and Rei paused by the railings, the sound of the vehicles and the waves along with the busy people mixed. It was the world stopped and they were the only ones illuminated. "Don't be too intimidated by how other people stares at us. Ang mahalaga?" Angel tilts her head letting Rei finish her statement.

"Mahal po natin isa't isa." Rei nodded her head like a toddler, proudly stating that as Angel sees the sparkles surrounding the woman's youthful slightly chubby face.

"Wag ka matakot." Angel assures, both of them being each other's light in the darkest of crowds.

"Matakot ka pag nagalit ako." Rei had an awkward smile knowing she was quite afraid of that, Angel never got mad at her but she knows how Angel handles her anger towards others.

"Mabuti mahal mo'ko ng sobra para mapagalitan." Ngising saad ni Rei, masaya ito dahil hindi nagagalit si Angel sakanya at kung magtatampo man ay bihira lang. Madaling masuyo ngunit may pagkaiyakin nga lang din.

"Perks." Angel confidently says to Rei.

Angel changes the conversation and gently brushed away the hair that's blocking Rei's face. "Ano nga gusto mo bilhin, lovie?" Angel asks knowing she remembered her lover asking something from her.

"Iyong umiilaw na balloon po." Rei mumbled and Angel pursed her lips hearing the childish tone, Angel didn't hate it. In fact she find Rei cute in this situation. She knows the woman is older than her but she very much likes to spoil Rei with love and with all she got.

Angel nodded her head and adjusted her eyeglasses. "Malapit iyon dito diba?" Angel gets her wallet and looked around by the pier.

Rei gently smiles at her then nodded her head fervently. "Opo, tara tara!" She grinned. Their hands never stopped holding onto one another. They jolted a little hearing the sound of the barge. They gazed upon the big water vehicle. The sound of the water was big as it sugmerged and the sound of its engine was very much heard.

They looked at it for a moment, it was breath taking to watch and Angel's attention went back to Rei who is clearly just waiting for her. She smiles at her lover and breathed in.

"Tara na?" Angel spoked and Rei answers along with a hum as they go towards the vendor that had a hoard of big transparent balloons that has some various color of lights surrounding the base. Rei's eyes lit up at the sight of the balloon and Angel waves goodbye to her money, she didn't mind spending for her lover and if she could count it was Rei who spend quite a lot for her. Angel is just feeding her lover's inner child and seeing that smile and contenment was well enough.