Prologue : Path towards love

Touch down, Manila.

Angel glanced upon the big airplane she just got on moments ago, the brush of the hot air welcomes in the new space, a new city and a new life awaits for her in this place. It was loud and she puts on her head set before she goes to the mini bus that leads to the gate of the airport. She hummed and scrolled through her phone as she lets time pass by. She glanced to her side to see a teenage girl reading a random story in the app and as she looks in a more clear view, her eyes widened and she blushed.

It was her story.

When she got down the bus, she took some pictures and heads to a place where she waits for her luggage, upon retrieval she heads to a coffee shop inside the airport. The airport had on going people passing by each and each second. She sits alone in a far table and drinks her iced caramel coffee and accepted her Mom's call.

"Mama?" Angel answers her phone in a lowered soft tone as she leans her back on the soft cushion of the couch.

There was a relieved sigh on the other line before a word. "Kamusta ang flight mo?" Tanong ng Ina ni Angel sa kabilang linya. Napangiti muna ang dalaga sa tanong at tumingala sa mataas na kisame ng cafe na kung nasaan siya.

"Mabuti lang naman, It wasn't very rowdy." Angel says her experience as she sips from of her coffee whilst she chats with her Mother about how the whole flight went. Her Mother is worry wart therefore Angel is talking to her Mother and explaining to her about how her flight went. It was the first flight she had. Cagayan de Oro to Manila, it was a half an hour slight for her, it took a while to take in the fact that she will live in this environment for a lot of year until she graduates.

"Huwag ka kumain ng kain ng streetfoods diyan. Alagain mo sarili mo, wala ako diyan para lambingin ka." Paunang sermon ng Ina ni Angel sakanya at bahagya muna itong napatawa sa huling sinabi ng kanya.

"Hanap ako ng bebe para may kalambing ako." Angel grinned as she responds to her Mother's worry only to earn a disappointed sigh on the other line and Angel pouts her lips a little.

"Porket alam mo 'di ka mabubuntis..." Her Mother says bluntly causing Angel to laugh out loud and she looks at her surroundings that stopped making her purse her lips and cleared her throat.

"I won't of course, I'm into women and you know that." Angel says in a pouty tone, tho Angel knew her Mother in still in the fifty fifty mark of accepting Angel's specifics and sexuality, Her Mother never bad mouthed her and got in the way. Instead her Mother was barely silent or supportive slightly, Angel will just have to wait for the hundred percent acceptance.

Huminga ng malalim ang Ina bago ulit sumagot. "Oh siya, hahanap ka na naman ng maganda and magandang pogi, diyan." Pagsasalita muli ng Ina dahilan na napangiti naman si Angel sa sinabi nito.

"Syempre po naman, this is Manila. The Dream." Angel says the line confidently and leaned her back on the couch whilst she takes some more sips of the iced caramel coffee she bought for herself.