Page 9 : A Romantic Momentum

Angel looks at her cellphone seeing no message or call from Rei for the whole day. She looked up to the rooftop of the bus stop, the rain was pouring hard and she didn't have any time to go to the cafe that Rei manages. She hummed before scrolling up on her phone as she lets time pass by as the waits for the bus but also checking if there will be any new notification from Rei but there was none.

She heard the loud drops of the rain against the bus stop she is in, the splatters on the cemented road were big and each pass of fast vehicles made Angel move back because of the big splash of dirty water from the road. She was holding a pink umbrella, clearly not trusting the bus stop roof. She wasn't alone. She looks to her side by the bench and saw lovers hiding their faces using a jacket and they seemed to be kissing. She frowns and huffed feeling the coldness of the wind.

"Nasan ba siya?" Angel gives out a deep sigh as she turns off her phone before she took the risk to cross the road towards the cafe. She hopes Rei would be there and just busy, too busy to update her and she will willingly understand.

Angel was heading down the stairs of the house and saw Kenda in her pajamas, laying cold on the couch and eating a box of cereal only. She looked dazed and Angel looks at her cousin in deep concern as she heads there.

She scurried to open the door, it was near closing time and she was panting because she ran a bit towards the cafe while the rain was pouring.

"Welcome po." Wika ng isang bagong taga trabaho sa cafe at tinangoan lang ni Angel ito.

"Hello po, pwede po mag tanong?" Malambot na ani ni Angel sa staff at tumingin-tingin sa kapaligiran ng cafe para makita ang pamilyar na mukha ni Rei.

"Puwede naman ho Miss." The staff was all ears, waiting for Angel's next words.

Tumingin muli si Angel sa paligid bago tugon na ng tingin sa nag ttrabaho. "Iyong owner ninyo, nandito ba siya ngayon?" Tanong ni Angel at pilit na nakangiti para lang maisip ng baguhan na staff na hindi siya kahina-hinala.

"Wala po eh." Simangot na tugon niya kay Angel.

Napahinga ng malalim si Angel at tumango. "Nasan ba siya?" Tanong niya nito muli at nagbabasakali na baka siya ay masagot nito.

"Hindi po namin alam, si Ma'am Dashiell nalang po nag sabi saamin to prepare for work. Si Ma'am Rei po hindi bumisita dito sa cafe ngayong eh." The staff gives a response and Angel seemed quite deflated at the thought, she didn't know where and what is Rei even doing at this point.

She missed the woman and the sudden disappearance made her heart and mind run in a frenzy.

"SI Dashiell nasan?" Pahabol na tanong ni Angel nito.

"Maaga na pong umuwi." Wika ng staff.

Angel went back home with a heavy heart and a constant checking on her phone.

"You don't have class today?" Angel asked as she grabs her bag and water bottle. It was the next day and Angel is preparing herself to go to school.

Kendra shakes her head and groaned whilst she stretches her arms then yawned before putting the box of cereal aside. "Nope, intramurals namin. Alam mo naman pala sundo mga groupmates ko ng taga illustrate at ayaw ko, katamad." She grumbled a statement.

"It's your group, ayaw mo ba silang manalo sa illustration contest?" Angel raised her brows as she gives a side eye to her cousin that's hugging her pillow, slowly slithering her body towards the far table stand where the remote is, too lazy to even stand up.

"Ayaw ko, mga pala gamit. My gosh." She rolled her eyes and turned on the television.

"Ikaw lang naman kase magaling mag illustrate." Angel reasons and it was a fact, Kendra is great a traditional and digital drawing, by far she made a lot of artworks but participating in some competitions regarding to that, Kendra would be the laziest.