Page 3 : Apple of my eyes

5 in the morning, the sound of the buzzing alarm clock stirs the woman's senses awake

5 in the morning, the sound of the buzzing alarm clock stirs the woman's senses awake. Rei groaned as she looks at the clock, her eyes were blurry as she glanced at the clock, she scrambles putting on her eyeglasses then squints her eyes. She hummed at the time before she looks by her window, the tender formed waves of the curtains were done by the calm air conditioning, the palette of blue and white nearly purple fills the skies up above when Rei separates the fabric and looked through the glass window of her condominium.

She slowly stood up and stretches a little, her thick hair blinding her sight for a little while as she gets her cellphone to see a message from one of her workers.

"It's five in the Morning." Bulong na sabi ni Rei habang nakatingin sa telepono at tumingin sa mga mensahe nito.

Messages from Nikota

Boss, miss you, nasan susi ng cafe?

Sabi ni Eram Dashiell off siya today kaya hindi siya

ang magbubukasng store po dito.

Boss, sarado pa po ang store mo dito sa Cavite.

Boss naman nangangalay na ako dito sa labas.

Pamilyang to di ako mahal!

Uwi nalang po kaya ako?

Sandali, papunta na diyan.
Nakalimutan ko hindi pala dadaan
si Dashiell diyan papunta manila.

Thank you lord

Walang ano man.

Wait ka ng thirty minutes po ah.

Rei turned off her phone and sighed, another busy day once again. As if it's never been the same cycle of her everyday life, wake up and work. For five years it was always like this. She had her other priorities and routines, had flings but none were compatible for her so she's stuck with work but she yearned for something else at least, romance where in it lasts forever. Will stick with her through thick and thin.

The woman heads to the shower and turned on the the faucet. The shower glass slowly fogging up and she feels the water soaking up her hair down to her bare body whilst she looks down. She lets the water splatter on her skin, stirring her sense to wake up even as she prepares for her day.

Being boss didn't make her life any easier but she wanted this, she wanted to build a future for herself, to be independent and empowering. She knows she can do it but at times that even if she is independent and strong, she just wants to embrace some warmth from someone who appreciates her.

Rei looks up to the shower and lets it wet her face. A sudden flash of fragmented thought crosses her mind. A woman embracing her, hugging her securely as she did so too. Tho she was bigger, she was the small spoon in that embrace. The gentle strokes of fingers glided her hair, it was calming and tender. Rei sighed as she imagines it until her mind zooms the random female embracing her, it was Angel giving her those tenderness in her thought and he opens her eyes.