Page 1 : Burning Gaze

"Angel

"Angel. Pakopya dito oh." Ruth scootched to Angel's side who is just basically minding her business. Angel's mind awakens and gives a blank stare at her classmate that's grinning ear to ear. Ruth is a close classmate of Angel, Ruth being an extrovert made a thick assumption and made Angel as her self proclaimed. Angel didn't have any friends so she mainly accepted Ruth.

Angel's brows furrowed and scowled at the sight of her classmate. "Dun ka kay Pres, bakit sakin?" She asked.

Ruth pouts at the denial. "Busy siya eh!" She reasons and Angel looked at the table that's crowded and she blinked seeing their classroom President having a bunch of copying classmate costumers.

"Mag hintay ka, ikaw na nga kokopya ikaw pa maikli pasensya." Angel grumbled but Ruth kept insisting and pushing herself close to Angel.

"Bukol abot mo sakin Ruth, makikita mo talaga." Kalmado ngunit may pagkairita na sa boses ni Angel habang nakatingin sa kaklase niyang iniirita parin siya. Humingang malalim si Angel bago nilabas ang kanyang papel tsaka binigay kay Ruth.

"Lumayo layo ka sakin, nandidilim paningin ko sayo Ruth Apolania Sy." Naningkit ang mata ni Angel at winagayway ang aknyang papel. Nakangiting aso naman si Ruth at agarang kinuha ang papel sa kamay nito tsaka dumiretsong umupo sa sarili nitong upoan.

Angel sighed as she looks out of the window she is beside to. The blue skies gracing down at them, the sun ablazing and setting the world with warmth. Her classroom is in the fifth building and she saw some freshmen leaving the campus whilst she on the other hand and her classmates were waiting for their last subject Professor.

"Kailan ba papasok si Sir?" Bagot na saad ng isa sa mga lalaking studyente. Mahinang nakinig lang si Angel, maingay pero hindi noya mapapatahimik ang trentang numero na babar o lalaki.

"He'll be here, gosh mag hintay naman kayo!" Sigaw ng Presidente ng silid aralan nila at mukhang na iistress na sa mga pinapacopya niya.

"Wala na 'yon!" Saad ng isang lalaki at tumawa ng bahagya kung totoo man na hindi papasok ang last subjected teacher nila.

"Tara uwi na tayo!" Their male classmate stands up from his seat and started to clap his hand loudly making the others groan at the loudness.

Ruth nodded her head as well and stopped her determined writing. "Oo nga, let's go tagal tagal na eh-" Ruth's eyes widened and she gulped, the crowded and marketlike voices quietened down and Ruth looks at the door of their classroom. Chills ran down their spine as they saw their Professor, glaring at them with a book in his right hand. The loud ones were suddenly quiet and the sileny ones turned their heads at the direction of the classroom door unfazed, they just fixed their way of sitting.

"G-good afternoon,Sir!" The ones who are standing greets to the Professor with a stutter. The rest followed the greeting but through a mumble. Angel sighed and opened her notebook, even tho she was quiet and all, she too, hopes that the Professor didn't come.

She wanted to just go to the favourite place of hers, cats and coffee were the best combination. The cozy place and ambiance of the cat cafe is all she could think off as everyone in the class panicks to get a one whole sheet of paper for a long quiz. Angel sighed again as she shares with the rest of the classmates that surrounded her.